Personal 20

Personal 20

AFIA P.O.V.

SEPTEMBER 30TH

"Behalf of who?" I said almost certain that I heard wrong.

"Jonathan Waters' estate." He said once more proving myself wrong.

"I knew it." Charlotte said underneath her breath.

No one said anything after that, even though we did not have proof we all knew who set Ryan up to it. Tears stung my eye and in a short time they were rolling down my face, I couldn't keep my emotions in check anymore.

"Why?" Ben said in stone tone.

"Why what?" Magnolio said pretending to be oblivious to the obvious question.

"Why are you representing him, he isn't related to me in any sort of way, so why did he put you up to it?"

"He didn't put me up to nothing, but I believe that this can all be worked out, outside of court." He said crossing his hands.

"We are not cutting a deal." Charles said frowning.

"No one said anything about cutting a deal." He said with a glint of something in his eyes.

"What are you talking about then?" Deputy Thomas said leaning forward.

"Well I have a contract and it states that Mr. Waters is willing to pay a seven-figure settlement to Afia, if Mr. Harris can have the charges dropped against him."

"Are you fucking serious-"

"Don't say anything Afia." Charles said holding a hand.

"No, I will I have been silent throughout this whole process and you really think money is going to shut me up?" I let out a humorless laugh and continued, "When he wouldn't be sexually abusing me he would be beating me and when he wasn't beating me he would be sexually abusing me, it was like this fucked up cycle and you really expect for me to sell out. I know in Mr. Waters world that there is always a price, but let me snap his ass back into reality real quick, I don't need his fucking money nor do I want it, but if he somehow gets off, don't expect to celebrate because you can't party with a dead body, do I make myself clear?"

"Are you threatening him?" Magnolio said challenging me.

"No that-"

He was interrupted by my slamming of my hands on the table, I stood out of the chair and came eye to eye with him, giving him the deadliest glare I ever gave and I said, "No, I'm promising." When he said nothing I continued, "I am done looking over my shoulder and I am done worrying about the safety of my child, tell me do you have children?"

He shook his head and I said, "What about raped or beat, have you ever felt a twenty-pound brick being slammed against your skull and that same brick shattering the bones in your leg, or a man putting his hands around your throat and choking the life out of you, and then waking up and feeling your daughter kicking for her life but you couldn't do anything because your hands were tied and you couldn't scream because you had duct tape on your mouth."