Personal 4

Personal 4 

AFIA P.O.V.

2 weeks later...

In just two weeks Ben has become known everywhere he was featured on ESPN as one of the top players in college football. He had even developed a little fan base, and he was now known as Big Bad Benjamin.

"Ben, it is just heart burn it is part of the second trimester, but if you are worried you can ask her later today." I said putting on my shoes.

Earlier I had experienced heart burn, and Ben was two seconds away from calling the ambulance, because he thought that I was having a heart attack.

"I already was going to." He said playing with a football.

"Good." I said out of breath. We had a doctor's appointment and we were going to find out the gender of the baby, well Ben didn't know that, I had been wanting to surprise him. But he had never really expressed to me what he wanted the baby to be.

"What would you want the baby to be, a boy or a girl?" I said lying back on my forearms.

He thought for a moment before saying, "I don't know I would be happy with either, just if they are happy."

"So, a boy?" I said raising a brow.

"I don't care what the gender is." He said grinning.

"Then you want it to be a girl." I shrugged.

He placed the ball in his lap and said, "I wouldn't mind if I had a little boy, you know to pass on my legacy to and plus I don't have to worry about boys."

"What would you want to name him?" I cocked my head to the side.

"I wouldn't want him to be named after me, he shouldn't live in my shadow."

"But that has a nice ring to it Benjamin Waters junior."

"Yeah but he would have to live up to my name."

"Point made." I said nodding.

"What about you?"

"I have no clue, sometimes I want a boy other times I want a girl." I said rubbing my stomach.

"What would you want to name her if she was a girl." Ben said getting up and sitting on the bed next to me.

"Amara Afua Waters." I said putting his hand to my stomach.

"Why Amara?"

"Because Akua named her, she said it was going to be a girl, and the name means grace in Igbo." I said wincing at the pain that was coming from my sides.

"You ok." Ben said worried.

"Yes, it's just ligament pain, the baby is growing," I smiled intertwining our fingers, "Now you need to help me up." I said placing my head on his chest.

"Alright, come on mama." He said getting up and pulling me with him.

"You know it's your fault this baby is growing so big right." I said pulling my shirt down.

"And why is that?" He said helping me to the door.

"Because you're a freaking giant." I grumbled and he grabbed his keys and I grabbed my bags. I had an afternoon class after the appointment.

"You're so dramatic." He said locking the door.

"Am not." I said narrowing my eyes.

"Whatever you think babe." He said kissing me and then opening the car door for me.