50 - Contrition

PERSONAL IMAGINE

Contrition

                                                        I kick off my shoes as I enter my flat. A quick glance to the clock tells me that it is past midnight. Seems like I stayed at my friend's house much longer than I thought. We actually did nothing exciting. Nevertheless, I am exhausted and tired and just want to snuggle with Harry so I can fall asleep peacefully. He actually should be home from his guy's night as well.

 Speak of the devil Harry opens the door with a loud curse coming from his lips as I change into a shirt of Harry, ready to sleep. I hear him asking the door to be quiet please and then giggling. Great, he is drunk as a lord. This night will be awesome.

 Loud noises echo through the whole flat as he takes off his shoes and opens the fridge. I decide to look after him, maybe even help him.

 "Sshhh," I hear Harry speaking to the water bottle as it dropped to the floor. Softly, I knock on the door frame of the kitchen and Harry quickly turns around. His eyes wide with shock but he calms down in the next second when he realizes it's me.

 "Oh it's just you." Oh yeah, it is just me.

 "How was your guy's night?" I ask him and pick up the water bottle for him. As Harry tells me hesitating that it was good I hand him aspirin so he won't have a massive headache in the morning. Because I'm the one he will wake up to and I'm the one who has to listen to his complains all day because he drank too much the previous night.

 When I want to help him to take off his jacket he shoves me away so I stumble backwards and my back hits the edge of the counter. A surprised expression crops up on my face.

 "I can do that alone, okay? I'm not a fucking baby." Harry murmurs and throws his jacket onto the counter to drown the aspirin with a gulp of water.

 "Excuse me, that I just wanted to help you."

 "Yeah, well didn't ask for it."

 "You can be sure that I won't do it again." Fuck, I hate it when he is drunk.

 I grip his jacket to hang it back but Harry slaps my hand away. "Do not touch my jacket!"

 "Why shouldn't I?"

 "Just leave it," Harry growls, "Damn, can't you listen to me for one time?"

 "I'm sorry that I have my own head." I fire back and glare at him.

 "Go to bed or anything but leave me the fuck alone, alright?"

 Harry drags at his jacket to pull it away from me and the exact same moment a little paper sinks to the floor. I pick it up and let out a snort. "Had a good shag at your 'Guy's night'?

 "Goddamn, Jaryl, you fucking know I don't cheat."

 "You had a damn telephone number in your pocket." I'm surprised how calm I see that all.

 "So what? Does that mean I cheated? For once, Jaryl, please, just stop being annoying this one time!"

 "You know what? Fuck you, Harry, go to fucking hell!" I say through gritted teeth. A pain, so incredibly strong that I want to burst out crying and fall to the floor, rushes from my cheek through my whole body. Heat forms in my left cheek as if it was burning.

 "You just...you...Harry?" I choke and Harry looks at me with no care, nothing. His green eyes, which always are filled with so much love and joy, are cold and frozen.