76 - More than her (au)

PERSONAL IMAGINE

More than her

                   "Harry?" I call out when I push the back door of his house open. He called me twenty minutes ago and asked me if I could come over. But when I stand in the kitchen I hear yelling coming from the living room. Curiously, I sneak off to the living room and see Harry and his girlfriend fighting. A sharp pain goes through my heart when I see them together.

 "You spend more time with your so called 'best friend' than with me! How am I supposed to know that you're not cheating on me?" She yells at Harry who has his hands clenched into fists. Her eyes flicker to the side and remain on me, "Oh look there she is! How fucking lovely!"

 "Wha...what is going on here?" I ask confused.

 "Lexi—" Harry starts.

 "She isn't even as great and amazing as you always say," His girlfriend says, "I am your girlfriend, Harry, and not Lexi! You should spend time with me and laugh with me! But oh no! you're doing it with your fucking best friend!"

 "Excuse you?" I exclaim and touch my chest. Harry stays silent, his eyes on me, "I guess I better leave since you're busy here." I say and nod whilst backing away. Harry yells my name but doesn't run after me since he is too busy fighting with his girlfriend.

 I push the door open and close my eyes for a moment while I try to get the painful feeling out of my heart. I hate to see Harry with his girlfriend. It hurts me. I know we are just best friends but I know him better than his girlfriend. I know him better than anyone else but yet he chose someone else over me.

 As I walk down the street I hear my name being yelled and when I turn around I see Harry. His curls bounce while he is running towards me. I'm twisted if I should continue my walk or stop until Harry catches up with me, pulling me to him.

 "Lexi...Lexi, why did you just leave?"

 "You were busy, weren't you? I mean I don't want to interrupt you or something. I don't get why you've called me, though." I mumble and Harry lifts my chin up.

 "We're over," Harry says and stares down at me, "I mean, not you and me but Isabella and me. I broke up with her. She talked so much bullshit, everytime when we fought it was about you. I'm sick of it. I hate the way she talks about you and how she thinks of you. I just...I hate it."

 "But why did you break up with her, Harry? You could have just told me that we can't see us that often. I mean in the past—what?—two weeks you spent, maybe, two days a week with her? No wonder, she is so mad at me. But you can't break up with her, Harry. This is not right. I don't want you to do this because she is annoying you at the moment." I tell him. I wish I could have him for myself, to call him my boyfriend, but I'm his best friend and his feelings really matter to me so I had to say this.

  I actually want to jump in the air and scream because he broke up with her for me. I shouldn't be happy about that but I just can't help it.

 "I wanted to break up with her anyway," Harry says and his thumb strokes over my bottom lip. Oh god!, "Because I like someone else."

 "Who?" My voice sounds shaky.

 "Someone really, really amazing. Someone who knows how to make me laugh, how to comfort me, even how to annoy the crap out of me. I like someone who always has been there for me, no matter what time it was or how busy she was. This someone is the prettiest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen and will ever see," Harry tells me and I can feel my eyes becoming watery, "And this someone happened to be my best friend."

 "Me?" I ask bewildered.

 "Yes, Lexi," He says and presses our foreheads together, "I love you. I love you more than I ever loved her."

 Stillness.

 "This gets really awkward between us now, right? Especially when you're not saying anything back." Harry asks nervously but I quickly shake my head and wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. I feel Harry's lips on my hair.

 "I love you, too, Harry." I whisper, more than she's ever loved you.