55 - Cupcake Love

PERSONAL IMAGINE

Cupcake Love

                            "Harry, are you ready? We have to leave!" I yell as Harry runs downstairs with a jacket in his hands. He stops right in front of me and I know what is to do. I quickly adjust his bow tie and get a peck on the lips in return. My fingers take the box full of cupcakes from the table as we leave our house, hand in hand.

 "Wait, is there every cupcake we made in this box?"

 "Yeah, I guess."

 "You guess or are you sure? We need every cupcake we made in this box."

 "Harry, calm down. You can check if you want." I laugh and put the box with cupcakes onto the backseat.

 "I'm just gonna trust you here." Harry mumbles, looking slightly scared.

 "Oh, how kind." I giggle and squeeze his side before we take a seat in the car to drive to his mother's place. Half an hour later, we arrive and get greeted with kisses, hugs and lovely words. I always loved to be around Harry's family because they are all so warmhearted and lovely.

 "We brought you cupcakes." I say and hand Anne the box which is always watched by Harry. And in the moment where Anne announces that she will put them on a plate Harry quickly says he will help. Frowning, I walk into the living room to take place next to Robin.

 A few minutes later Harry and Anne come back with a plate full of cupcakes which are either half burnt or the icing sucks but they are certainly made with love. Harry sits on the chair opposite of me and as we all fill our plate with cake and cupcakes I get a cupcake placed on my plate from Harry.

 "You should really taste this one."

 "Harry, I know how they taste. Let your parents taste them, too."

 "No, I think you should really eat that one." He insists as I look at him in confusion and even his parents start to watch him as if he's going crazy. To please him I take the cupcake and give him an sarcastic smile which Harry returns happily, satisfied that I did what I was told to.

 I feel Harry watching me, still with his satisfied smile on his face, as I take a bite from the cupcake. But as I attempt to swallow the bite Harry seems to be disappointed. He takes a bite of his cake himself and stares at the plate as I feel something hard and metallic in my mouth. Frowning, I hold a napkin in front of my face to get the item out of my mouth without looking disgusting.

 As I have the item in my hands I see that it is a ring, a silver ring and my eyes dart to Harry who quickly swallows the bite from the cake. A huge smile forms on his face when he puts his hand on mine.

 "Megan, my love." Harry starts and I want to jump off my chair to wrap my arms around his neck. I glance to my right and I see that Harry's parents look ut as with surprise and in shock. Anne already wipes her tears away. Harry goes down on one knee in front of me.

 "We know us for such a long time, six years by now, right? We may weren't together all that time but my love for you never got less. If at all, it just grew with each day. I love you with all my heart and I know that because I'm still excited to wake up with the knowledge that your beautiful face will be the first thing I see in the morning. I love you and I promise you that I won't stop loving you, so I gonna ask you, here, in front of my parents, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife, Megan?"

 I feel like all the air is sucked out of the room. My lips tremble and I try to let out a sound but I cannot. I'm speechless because of his little speech, because of how he described his love to me.

 Finally, I find my voice after I have nodded violently for a few seconds. "Yes, of course,  Harry, of course!"

 Harry giggles as he takes the ring out of my hand, cleans it with a napkin before putting it on my finger. He stands up and wraps his arms around my middle so he can lift me up from the ground. It is not like I already feel like I'm in the clouds, as if I'm flying, so agravic and free. Harry kisses me passionately and everything around me seems to fade away for a while.

 "Did you like my idea with the cupcake?" He whispers and I giggle.

 "I could have died."

 "But you didn't."

 "Yeah otherwise you wouldn't have a fiancée now."

 "That would suck," Harry says quietly, "Good thing you didn't die."

 "My baby is getting married!" Anne calls and claps in her hands which reminds us that we are not alone. Harry lets me down but immediately takes my hand as we receive congratulations to our engagement.