chapter nine

During free period I found was the perfect time to look at the pictures. I just hope this isn't another one of Ethel's scams. I mean she's pretty much known for this kind of stuff, at least in my mind.

I remember at that one summer camp she promised to get photos of the "supposed lake monster." Instead I got a crappy love card that I was pretty certain she made she made on paint.

I'm just saying, if you gonna make a man a confession card, don't use paint. Maybe, I don't know, just use something that's not done on a computer?

If I had to look at another horrid paint card, I was going to do one or two things. Kill myself or puke. Or possibly even kill myself, and then puke.

I'm getting super hyped on all this paint crap.

But than again, she was acting nicer than usual. She was typically demanding some sort of romantic relationship with me, and not in the sweet way most girls do. But with the nice attitude she's been showing recently, maybe there was a chance this wasn't another scam.

But regardless, I still managed to put in the flash drive into my laptop. I sat there, awaiting the fate.

Oh please be real, oh please be real!

I noticed that this was taking longer than a normal flash drive would take. Interesting. But that didn't stop my mind from rushing with over the moon thoughts.

These were actual pictures of Betty.

Ethel didn't scam me. These pictures will actually further my chances of finishing this Betty mission.

Things have changed for me.

And importantly, I don't have to look at Ethel's horrible paint skills. Seriously don't use it if you can't make it look presentable.

Still too hyped about paint.

From what I could see there were three pictures, each with good quality. I took a deep breath as I clicked on the first picture. Here goes nothing.

With the first one, didn't really have anything eye catching about it. I mean it showed her carrying some shopping bags to her backyard. I mean that's pretty normal right?

As I looked harder something caught my attention, something was peeking out of that bag. It's wasn't the most visible, but still I could make out what it was.

Diapers

But why on earth would Betty need diapers? As far as I'm aware, she potty trained, or at least I hope she is.

Also I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a baby sister or brother. I mean I know Betty, if she did she would mention it quite often.

But then I remember Betty has done babysitting in the past. So I figured maybe it was for that purpose. I mean that's normal right?

While confused I moved on to the second picture. This one showed Betty inside of her house, grabbing some books off a bookshelf. I didn't know what kind of books until I zoomed in.

Parenting books.

I noticed a recurring theme. I mean it's not like Betty to take parenting books or buy diapers, it's all very new to me. I still wanted to know what was in that last picture, it's killed me inside though.

And this one was by far the juiciest one.

It was of Betty in her parents bathroom, stealing a something in a pink box. I had no idea what this was, but I zoomed in again.

It was a pregnancy test.

Which really one meant one thing: was Betty pregnant?

Everything added up, from the diapers, to the parenting books, and the test. She was indeed pregnant. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about how she's been acting recently. It just isn't like Betty.

Betty is that classical good girl. I mean you see them all the time in TV shows, movies, books, etc. Betty never has proven herself to be anything BUT that.

However, I still wanted to know more. Clues of the massive puzzle were just finally starting to piece itself together. But I couldn't do this alone. Maybe I should talk to someone who knows Betty better than I do.

Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews.

I mean they may not be a thing, as of what I know, but they can easily get along. Plus they're both good friends with Betty. They hopefully can give me something good to work with.

Only problem is, me and Archie had a falling out. And Veronica, isn't all that fond of me herself. So it might be a bit of a challenge, at least for them.

Me however, I was ready. Ready to crack this case. Ready to know more about Betty's pregnancy.

Opporation Betty's baby, is officially a endgame case.

A/N: So I noticed there's a ton of hate for the ship Bughead. And to the people who message me about how terrible this ship is, I'm not gonna stop shipping it. And you know where you can go ⬇️

 And you know where you can go ⬇️