chapter twelve

"A baby shower?" Cheryl said. "Really you know Veronica is planning..."

I covered Cheryl's mouth before she could tell Betty anymore details. I didn't want the surprise to be ruined, especially not by the red head Macbeth.

Betty just gave me a strange look. "You good Juggie?"

"Yeah." I said removing my hand from Cheryl's mouth. "I just didn't want Cheryl here to spoil anything on Ronnie's party. You know she very strict on keeping details on the down low." I turned to glare at Cheryl.

Cheryl looked back at me with one of her ice cold stares. I knew was in deep water, but I wasn't gonna let her big mouth ruin this for me.

"Jughead," Cheryl said. "A word?"

Before I could even open my mouth,Cheryl grabs the neck of my shirt and begins dragging me. As this is happening, I tried to look back at Betty, to mouth something to her, but Cheryl's grip was too strong.

However I did get one glance at her. She was smiling. She'd never smiled that big before, is that a sign?

It's a shame I get dragged away from her at all the wrong times.

We reached a small contender the store, and I knew I was gonna get yelled at. Or at least one of those quiet whisper yells. It's Cheryl, her evil is so predictable.

"JUGHEAD!" She quietly yells at me. "How dare you put your disgusting hand on my mouth. Now no boys will kiss me, no matter how many times I wash my lips. And if guy were to kiss me he'd be homeless."

I look down at my hand. "My hand isn't that dirty. Unlike you, I have the nerve to wash them."

"I wash my hands! And I don't know where your hand has been since the last time you washed them." Cheryl said disgustedly. "I don't need to know either."

"Well I wasn't gonna let you do? I can't have you spoil the surprise for Betty." I said.

"What surprise?"

My jaw drops to the floor as I realized something.

Veronica didn't tell Cheryl.

"I can't believe Veronica didn't tell you." I said.

"What important part?" Cheryl asked.

"The shower is for Betty." I told her.

I watch as Cheryl's jaw also drops. I'd never seen this girl in such a shock in awhile. And the last time I did it was over Twitter followers. I thought the queen of dirt dishing would know before hand, or have some sort of clue.

"No!" Cheryl said. "That can't be true." Cheryl looked back at Betty, looking directly at her stomach. "Her stomach isn't any fatter than normal."

"We don't know how many weeks it's been." I told her. "My didn't get fat when she had Jellybean right away."

"Well then I need more proof." Cheryl snobbishly replied.

I handed her the photos from my jean pocket. I had a feeling a would need them today. I'm kinda psychic in that way. However, my chest doesn't know when it was gonna rain.

I watched carefully as she now examined the photos, in nearly the same fashion as Veronica. She had that same element of surprise she had. Although I got a little bit more of a sour vibe to it.

"Yo, this is some juicy stuff." Cheryl told me. "I need this on my twitter feed."

Cheryl takes out her phone, but before she can tweet Betty's secret, I take it from her. As well as the photos.

"No tweeting."

Cheryl's face turned to the color of her hair. "Why not?"

Before I could talk Cheryl began talking again. "I know why, you're gonna tweet it first so you can get more followers, you little turd! That's my follower bait!"

Did I mention Cheryl gets a little crazy about Twitter followers? She basically treats the website as a relic. It makes no sense. But she is a bit (a lot) crazy.

But I continued to try and tame the beast before she attack. But I mean trying to calm down a Blossom, is like trying to teach a dog to bark, impossible.

But does telling a kid that stop it from trying? If they don't have a brain no. And when it comes to Betty, I might as well be that little kid, because I'm not gonna stop trying.

"I'm not gonna post it on Twitter." I reassure her. "It won't be on Twitter period. This is Betty's secret."

"Well how is it gonna be a secret when I'm gonna post it on Twitter?" Cheryl asked grabbing back her phone.

I slammed my hand into the palm of my hand. I literally just told her and she didn't listen, typical. Never I had ever met someone so stupid. It was killing me inside not to just slap her contour off her face.

I really should have agreed to do this.

"NO TWITTER!" I yelled.

The entire store became silent. Everyone was watching me now. Random strangers, store employees, even Betty.

I took a large inhale of air. Well I'm screwed.

That was when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was one of the employees. "Sir, this store is not a place for girlfriend issues. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the mall, and your little girlfriend too."

I felt anger approach me. I was about to blow up, even if it was a public place. I didn't know what I could do.

No man will ever mistake me as the man dating the red headed witch.

"SHES NOT MY GIRLFRIEND! ARGH!" I yelled again.

That's when two other employees came up to me. Both of them put an arm around mine, and began to drag me out of the store.

As I was getting pulled out of the store I got a glance at two people.

One being Cheryl, who was deeply invested into her phone. Either tweeting this or texting Ginger, only to later tweet it. Either way Betty's secret, probably will be exposed sooner or later.

The other being Betty. She was watching, in fact she probably watched all of it. I don't blame her, it was about as close to a real housewives fight you can see in this town.

But what really got me was she looked concerned. She'd never looked at me with that much concern before or anyone I'd ever . Not even Archie, the one she's chasing instead of me.

Maybe something good will come out of this?

I was worried no doubt. I made a complete fool outa myself in front of everyone. Especially in front of Betty. Not only that but Cheryl knew too, and trust me, this would get her more followers if shared, no questions asked.

It was almost like God was whispering at me to be concerned.

I was in deep water. I just needed to pray this would not screw up the baby shower next weekend.