chapter twenty five

there was a ladder leaning aganist the house. i didn't know why it was there, must have been a something someone preset. but that didn't matter, i needed to climb this thing to reach a bedroom window.

so that's what i did. i lined it up, not perfectly, but close enough for me. and i climb up until i reach the window, where i can finally enter the girl's room.

tap tap tap

i knew she heard me. i saw her as she dropped her necklace. must have been getting ready for cheryl's thing, which i can understand. but how she looked so beautiful for an event for some wicked witch shocked me. but then again betty cooper is not ugly.

that's right you guessed it, i was at betty's house.

she run over to the window, and started to open it. "juggie? what are you doing here? this isn't romeo and juliet ya know."

"a man can dream." i said in a joking matter.

betty rolled her eyes. deep down inside i knew she didn't hate me for my sarcastic comments. i means she's been a good friend of mine since the 2nd grade.

maybe more if archie wasn't there.

once the window was open enough, i crawled through. and boy was it something to be in a girls bedroom.

it was much different than archie's room. his room was plain and boring, as a typical dooche's would be. but this was, bright and it was clean. i don't have OCD, but i certainly do love the no mess, and everything being in order.

"so what's up?" betty said breaking my thoughts.

"we need to talk." i said.

betty gulped. "is it about stealing one of you chips at lunch? ronnie told me too."

"no act..." i paused. i needed to process what she said. "wait you did... nevermind. anyways i guess i'm homeless again."

betty looked over to archie house through her window. "what about living with the andrews?"

"it's not gonna work out." i said. "got into a fight with archie. pretty sure it's over for awhile."

betty laughed. "jarchie fighting? c'mon your ruining the bromance!"

"excuse me?"

betty laughed again. "sorry got caught up in the ship. i had to crack a little joke. anyways, why did you come over to tell me that?"

"i don't have anywhere to go." i said. "i need advice."

betty stopped to think. i knew what she was gonna say before she did, but she'd never know that. and i knew it was gonna be way better than living with archie and fred. oh i was gonna enjoy it better. but not in the way most anyone reading my thoughts would think.

to those people i'd said, i'm not that dirty minded. it's simply your view of the context.

"i can sneak you upstairs in the attic." she answered as expected.

i smiled at her. "thanks!" she turned away but before she could something slipped. "also about that umm... thing on sunday."

betty turned around, red as a tomato. "that thing."

"should we talk about it?"

"i mean we could."

"but do you wanna?"

"kinda, but do you?"

" i don't k-"

"i don't either."

"let's just..."

"handshake?"

i nodded at betty's response. that was the most awkward encounter i've ever had. and i shook her hand, with pride too.

"cheryl's?" i asked.

"cheryl's."