chapter eleven

Unfortunately for me, Veronica went through with her words. Cheryl was onboard with the whole baby shower thing. I don't even know how she managed to do it but somehow the puzzle fell into place. And it was set in stone I was gonna help her. Which meant a shopping trip.

I'm definitely not a fan of shopping, especially when you're forced to go with a girl like Cheryl. I mean they're so picky about what they want. And can have mental breakdowns if there's "nothing" to buy. Nothing annoyed me more.

Expect maybe Cheryl's overall attitude.

But I agreed to do this. I can't bail out now. If I do, will have to deal with Veronica getting on my case for the next couple of months. I'd rather just get this over with as soon as possible.

Veronica's a monster when she's mad.

So on the sunny Saturday afternoon, I met up with the fiery red head at the local mall. It was quite a bit longer of a wait than expected, probably because Cheryl didn't want to be seen with me. But it's not like I wanted it any more than she did.

Finally after awhile she showed up. She didn't look happy to see me. I could understand why, she doesn't exactly have the greatest opinion on me.

"Veronica sent you?" Cheryl's snobbish tone said.

"Is that a problem?" I asked.

Cheryl laughed at my question. "A problem? Honey it more than a problem. I can't be seen at a mall with some like a Jughead Jones. No offense but you're kind of a Debbie Downer."

"Gee thanks for the input." I sarcastically said.

Cheryl flipped her red hair over her shoulder. "Don't give me attitude mister! Unlike you, I have a reputation to uphold. And I not letting you ruin it."

"And as for decorations for this baby shower," Cheryl continued. "Let me handle most of it. In fact you can just walk behind me as I pick it out. Riverdale already has enough gloom."

I followed her into the mall, like a depressed dog. I wasn't even there for five minutes and I already want to slap Cheryl. Or chop off her red hair. Or even just snap her skinny neck.

This was gonna be the longest afternoon of my life.

We reached a decor store, and Cheryl dragged me in. Just by the look of the place, I knew I was gonna hate it.

Everything was so, girly. The wallpaper was a princess pink, and basically went with all the other decor they sold in store. I've never been around so much pink in my life.

Almost makes me want to puke.

I only really like pink when Betty wears it. She looks adorable in it. But then again, she looks adorable in pretty much everything.

Even when she was angry, I can't help but notice all the cute little details. It's sort of my own secret Betty obsession. That's one thing I wouldn't tell her, even if she did like me back.

"JUGHEAD!" Cheryl yelled at me. "Are you listening to me?"

I snapped back into reality, as I realized I got lost in my lovesick mind. "What?"

"I said go get me a stupid basket, stupid!" Cheryl said. "Now do it before I kill you."

Cheryl was very scary when need be. I simply followed her orders as stated. Although deep down inside, I wanted to kill Cheryl just as much as she wanted to kill me, maybe even more.

I handed her the basket, and she gave me a fake smile. "Okay you got your stupid backet, what more do you need me to do?"

She grabbed my hand and placed the basket directly back in it. "Ladies don't hold shopping baskets! Oh and get a good grip, you're going to be holding a lot of heavy things."

I dragged along as the dreaded red head led me through the store. It was painful to watch, especially for my dept card.

Saying Cheryl Blossom is a big spender, way of an understatement.

We had been in the place maybe 20 minutes at most, and I felt like it had been an entire lifetime. It kinda reminded me of when I was little boy, and my mom made me so shopping for dress pants, so I had something to wear for church.

I remember how much I hated going into those crappy change rooms and trying on so many pairs of pants. It's very little boy's nightmare. I would say, shopping with Cheryl has that nightmare element, and torture.

Only difference was my mom wasn't born with a stick up her butt.

But this shopping trip wasn't uneventful. Oh no, its the new modern Riverdale, something always bound to happen. And something happened indeed.

Betty Cooper.

How is it every time we avoid her, she shows up again. Its like the author of a book is trying to be predictable. Author's like then need to use a berry big amount of air freshener.

{is that a berry pun there? Oh sorry, I couldn't think of anything fresh😏}

I tried to hide and act like everything was all dandy and casual. But when Cheryl and Betty see each other, you better run. And there was no way that those two just wouldn't catch a glance at the other. There was gonna be some sort of cat fight, like the ones you see on reality TV.

God could this afternoon get any worse?

Betty spotted Cheryl first. "Oh hey Cheryl." I didn't think she noticed me. But then again, I don't know Betty as well I thought I did.

"Oh hey Betty." Cheryl replied. She gave her the snobbish smile she gave everyone's

She than glanced over at me. "What are you and um... Jughead doing here. Ya know... together... alone. Almost like... you're on a..."

"A date?" Cheryl asked, as she burst into a flood of laughter. "I was just forced to take him along. We're helping Veronica plan a party."

Betty face lit up. "Veronica's throwing a party? I wonder why I never got an invite."

"Well you are a little fat." Cheryl added in. "And you're kind of perky."

Betty gave her a glare. I could tell shade was going to be thrown. When it comes to them shade is the center of the universe.

"Not my point," Betty said. "But I'm hear because I'm planning a party too. Well actually more of a baby shower, for someone I know."

My eyes grew big at those words. Oh shoot, something is about to go down.