chapter twenty six

we went back down the ladder, as the cooper parents were sleeping. somehow me and betty managed to get out without waking them. that's a good thing, i mean alice is basically a bottle blonde satan.

but we were doing what teens do. or at least the ones wired to be normal. i'm not like those "normal" teens but i certainly do have my fair share of rebelling. in fact when i do it, it makes me feel like at heart i'm still somewhat normal. but in reality, who really is normal? certainly not jughead jones.

"jughead?" betty whispered. "what about the ladder?"

"don't worry about it, just run." i whispered back.

and we did. we ran down the street, in pouring rain. we couldn't be caught, we can't be caught. this was all very risky but i know how much polly means to betty. and if she was trapped in the blossom alyssum, or as they'd call their house, we needed to free her. who knows what goes on in that house.

besides polly doesn't need to serve time. and the blossom household is no better than an actual prison. for all anyone know it could be an actual prison.

but as we ran, a small light stopped us in our tracks. it was a flashlight, so it must have meant someone was onto us. but when the light went off the person we saw was not a shock.

archie andrews

you can acted surprised but it's archie, c'mon. i mean we weren't like we were expecting little miss muffet. and even if we were, it would have been better than andrews. especially after the fight.

"betty... jughead. see you've left for the party without me" archie said. "what's the rush?"

betty shook her head. "archie we didn't forget you, we were gonna get you."

"my house is a block away." archie said. "no problem though. i brought a few of my own guests."

archie turned back on the light to reveal two sources of evil. of course it was hal and alice cooper.

"mr and mrs. cooper, always a delight." i said. i turned back over to betty. "you said they were asleep."

"i thought they were." betty answered. "just lemme deal with this."

betty ran over to her mother in fear. i knew what was gonna happen, she'd get yelled at right? oh no, that's apparently not how the coopers punish their children. so much for the picture perfect family right?

SLAP

"ELIZABETH COOPER!" alice started. "what did i tell you about hanging around that jones boy? can't you see all he wants is to be in your pants."

betty looked back at me, then to alice again. "mom jughead isn't like that..."

alice snuck her finger over betty's mouth. "shut it! you're going home to explain yourself."

betty nodded her head. i know when she's about to cry, her blue eyes water up making it look like a real ocean. but i wasn't gonna let alice ruin this night. i was gonna stand up for betty, she deserved it. she deserves the whole world.

if i could give her it, i would.

i went over and pulled her away. "betty will be coming with me, mrs. cooper."

"oh the hell she will not!" alice yelled back at me.

"ooo hal get the popcorn!" archie said, interrupting the anger. "this is better than keeping up with the kardashians!"

of course it wouldn't be a moment in riverdale without a stupid remark from archie. ah i hate to say it the kid has a talent in that. but i was still mad at him for earlier, but we can discuss that issue later.

the fight went on for awhile. it was an average fight. everyone got involved, even archie although his comebacks were pretty lame if you ask me. but that was all interrupted. a car pulled up, a fairly nice one. the window rolled down to reveal cheryl, with sunglasses on. odd eh?

"get in the car losers." cheryl said.

"why, are we going shopping?" betty said.

now that was clever if you ask me.

but it sadly wasn't a shopping trip. oh no, things happened. looking back, i wanted that shopping trip.