The Operation

Joel's P. O. V

My sister is definitely up to something. Am not so sure if it has to do with me or anyone else. One thing is for certain, she has planned for something. Dammit, I have been thinking about Jessica for hours now, and I still can't put together the puzzle. I don't understand. Since the visit to the doctor, yesterday, she came back and she was busy downloading bitchy, revenge and bad ass books. I seriously didn't take to heart what she said the other day. Umh, come to think of it, maybe she was serious and I thought she was fooling around. Dammit.. I paced around in my room, trying to figure out who she was targeting.

"At that pace, you will break your legs, babe"

"What? What are you doing here?" I asked as I turned to look at her, no-fucking-way. "And what the fuck have you done to yourself?"

"Its called complete makeover"

"Yup, it's really complete"

"So... What do you think about the view?"

"It's pretty interesting. You know, when your goody-two-shoes sister turn into a bad ass"

"This, your sister, will be awarded best playgirl ever, just wait darling brother"

"Are you for real? Or am somewhere in dreamland"

"Should I pinch you, that we should find out?"

"Nope. Honestly sister, that's really a complete makeover you have there"

"Just wait until I get my treatment. You won't even recognise me as your goody-two-shoes sister."

"Can't wait to see you" this time, I took her words seriously.

"So, Joel, can I......" She was interrupted by a knock

"Whose it?" I called out

"Nina"

"She can't come in" Jessica mouthed to me, and I slightly nodded

"What do you want?" I asked

"Your mother and father want to see you and Jessica in thirty minutes"

"Okay, thanks. You can go"

"Okay"

Silence took charge, the only thing that was heard was the sound of her fading footsteps.

"What the hell was that about" I asked after the footstep sounds completely faded

"What? I didn't want her to see me like this"

"Okay? So how will you have the bad ass look if no one in this house can see you"

"The same way you have the playboy thing without anyone else knowing" she smirked, I laughed.

"Playboy huh?" I laughed. "So sister, you might want to go wash up. We need to meet mom and dad."

"See you downstairs in twenty" she said as she left my room.

*********************
"Hey mom, dad" I greeted my parents as Jessica and I took our sit

"Hey sweethearts." Mom smiled

"How was the doctor's meeting?"

"It was pretty good. The doctor that mom spoke to, had some things to take care of. So I met another one" Jessica smiled

"So? What did he say?"

"Joel's and my bone marrows match. So we are having a transplant tomorrow" my parents faces went down, as if they are sad or something