Memory

Pain...
That's all there was, all I could feel.
Scorching, burning pain branching through my chest.

"Why are you doing this!? Just leave her alone!" A small, trembling voice echoed through the empty city streets. The human/Pokémon hybrid turned to the preteen and glared.
"The girl got in my way...now it's your turn." He held up his arm, the scythe he had as a hand glinting in the sun, a gooey red substance dripping from it.

A scythe...I hate scythes.

The man had fused with his long time partner; a Scyther. The power of the fusion was too much for him to handle and he had gone on a rampage, injuring and even killing some people. It had been going on for almost an hour before they finally called someone to stop him.

Tervari...the most dangerous region of the others to live in. Here, it was life and death. You either survived with many stories to tell, or you simply didn't live at all. We had this association or more like an organization...the Pokémon Fusion Assosiation. If you knew how to preform the Destiny Bond process, you could apply and become a "Fusion Hero" as they called it.
Personally?
I just think it's stupid.

The Scyther hybrid smirked at the small preteen, stalking towards them menacingly. He would have reached her if he had not felt a sharp object hit his head.
Snapping his head to look behind him, he saw the girl he had just attacked. She was trying to catch her breath, while stopping the bleeding that was leaking from her chest.
There was a large cut, going from her right shoulder blade down to her left ribcage, just below her bust.
"Don't touch her...you're after me, so leave her out of this."

That child...I remember them, so clearly. Their short hair, bright eyes...that determined look on their face as they tried to stand up to the hybrid. I was stupid, only nineteen at the time. I thought I could take on anything in my path.

Wake up, Rin
What?
You must wake up now
But I have to save them
You did
I can't let them die
They are not in danger
I have to-

A bark startled the black haired woman awake as she quickly sat up from her futon, staring at the  patiently waiting midday Lycanroc beside her. She stared at the Pokémon for a moment, then sighed, flopping back down onto her futon. A heavy pressure crushed her chest as she peeked down and saw the wolf like Pokémon laying on her chest, head cocked to the side and tail wagging furiously.
She chuckled, rubbing the Pokémon's sleek, soft fur, avoiding the protruding rocks from her mane like pelt around her neck.
"Good morning to you too, Lucy." She greeted the Pokémon back as the wolf finally released her.
That seems like so long ago...that day...
----------------------------------------------
•I'm still in need of a Beta and a main protagonist, if anyone is interested.

•The preteen in the story is meant to be Rin's future student/disciple (aka the main protagonist).

•I'm also going to start doing a random fanfic fact of the day for this story, so-

FanFic Fact Of The Day: Rin Grey used to be Kanto Champion when she was younger, before Red challenged her and took the title himself.