Mega

"How come I've never seen your face around here? I know everybody's face around here." A voice sounded from behind Rin. She looked over her shoulder and blinked at the two boys. One was very tan with strange sunglasses and the other had white hair with a patch of black underneath. She wasn't sure which one spoke, but she turned fully around and looked at the two.
"I'm Rin. I'm here with my dad, he's here to talk with the Kahuna about something important." She responded. The tan boy gave a relaxed smile while the other crossed his arms over his chest. They looked to be around the same age as her- 11. The tan boy spoke first.
"I'm Kukui, this is Guzma."

That seemed so long ago to her.
"Well...I suppose it was a long time ago." She mumbled to herself, flipping through her book she had lost interest in as she got lost in her thoughts. She hadn't seen the two in almost 14 years. Rin looked at Lucy, who was nibbling on a stuffed Chikorita she had bought a few years ago.
"I wonder how they are," she wondered, turning another page in her book, glancing at the picture of an ancient relic from another region, "I should pay Kukui a visit some time. What do you think, Lucy?" The tan Lycanroc peeked up at her name and looked at Rin, cocking her head to the side as her tongue lolled out of her mouth with a smile, her tail wagging at the familiar name. Rin chuckled at the dog, a small smile on her face.
'Well, that settles that.'
"We'll go later today." She told Lucy, who barked in agreement before turning back to her green toy. Rin turned back to her book and paused on the image below. It was an image of the stones used in Tervari to Bond with a Pokémon. She hadn't expected to see it in an Alola book, but she supposed she shouldn't be surprised, seeing as the Mega Evolution stones were in there.
"I wonder...if someone could Mega Evolve while Bonded to a Pokémon who could Mega Evolve..." She hummed in thought.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm still in need of a Beta if anyone is interested, let me know!

FanFic Fact Of The Day-Rin loves sweets, especially Cherry Cheesecake and Jelly Filled Donuts.