Chapter 1

Chapter 1

{Valentine's POV}

Beep. Beep. Beep. Damn it, I groaned. It was once again Monday, the day I hated the most. Pulling myself out of bed was one of the reasons why I hated weekdays. I got up and got into the shower and brushed my teeth and tried to reason with my untamed hair. I threw open my wardrobe to find myself a nice outfit for today, only to realize that most of my good outfits were in the hamper, yet to be washed and dried by Mrs. Hopkins. Great, I muttered to myself as I opted for a simple singlet and black denim jeans, this would have to do. I struggled to put on my jeans and I tied my hair back in a fancy pony tail.

Running down the stairs, I grabbed my school bag and hurried towards the kitchen to find my parents lounging comfortably. They were the laid-back type of parents who never hurried to their works since they were the CEO of their own company and my mom hates it when my dad rushes to the office and over works himself.

"Good morning Valentine," my mom chirped happily. She was always happy.

"Morning," I mumbled back as I shoved my breakfast into my mouth. I was never a morning person. 

"Why are you in such a rush, dear? You still have an hour before school starts." My dad looked at his Rolex watch, it's obviously new.

"I'm not in a rush, dad. I'm just hungry, that's all." .

"Oh, that's good. I hate it when you over work yourself. You know, I read in a magazine before that if you over work yourself, you will get stressed more." Mom said, giving me a pointed look. Like I care. I'm always stressed. Who isn't?

"Look, mom, I'm fine. I'm just hungry, can we just drop the topic?" I asked, annoyed.

"Ok, fine." She huffed. This meant conversation-over for everyone. Thank the gods who were listening.

"I'm done. I'm off to school. I have dance practice later, so don't wait up for me in dinner. I'll be home late." I grabbed my school back, flinging it over my shoulder.

"Ok, dear. Have fun." My dad called.

I snorted, "as if," I muttered under my breath.

Driving to school was pretty fast. The estate after all, was just a few blocks away from school. For rich multi-billionaire parents, they've sent me to a casual public school near by instead of a pesky private or boarding school far away. They told me that they, themselves studied in a public school before that's why they wanted me to experience all of this as well. And I don't see the difference at all because you suffer both ways. As I pulled up in my usual parking space, my two best friends were already there waiting for me.

"Val, thank the gods you're here. Farrah has been driving me nuts!" Daniel said.

"I have not!" Farrah countered back and hit him on the back of his head. "I still wonder why I'm even related to you!" Yes, they are twins, cliche, I know.

"Break it up, you guys. It's Monday. Give it a break." I got in between the both of them.

"She started it. She threw her gum at me!" Daniel pointed an accusing finger at her sister.

"I did no such thing. I was going to blow it, then it flew out of my mouth." Farrah retorted.

"Flew out of your mouth my arse, Farrah. You should have lived with dad back in London."

"Mum loves me more than she loves you since you had to beg her so you could live with us." Farrah said happily.

"Guys, can we just break it up? I can't even remember the day that you two stopped fighting." I sighed. My best friends were such kids. Sometimes I wonder why I got stuck with them. Oh, right. They were the bullied new kids of the block back in grade school, so I being the rich-popular-and-famous kid had to step in and save them from their misery. But if you asked Farrah and Daniel, to simply put it, I saved them from humiliation. Back then, kids thought their accents are weird, but now not so much. In fact, girls all go throw themselves at Daniel for his, I quote 'sexy accent'. Huh, yeah right.

"You know, I think Seth is going to throw a party somewhere this week." Farrah said casually. She has a major crush on Seth Micheals, the basketball captain of our school. "He asked to spread the word and guess what!"

Daniel rolled his eyes, "do we really want to know, Far?" I had to agree with him. Talking about Seth Micheals was one of Farrah's hobbies, she never crease to stop talking about him. Ever.

"Bloody hell yes. He's inviting everyone," She sated proudly.

"And we care because?" I asked, not really interested. Surely she knows we are most definitely not going with her to this mumbo-jumbo party.

"You're both going to go with me!"

FML.

When the bell finally rang, Farrah, Daniel and I went our separate ways. I went to Math (The best way to start you Monday! Yey!), Daniel went to English and Farrah went to Arts. Math was not only my worst subject, but it was also the subject that I had sit beside the most annoying person in the whole history of annoying people: Hunter Blakewood. The simple presence of him irked me in a horrible way. I hated that guy since the day I stepped into grade school. He told me I had cooties and I punched him in the face. My first ever punch was wasted on a jerk like him, how nice.

"Miss Harries, please refrain from daydreaming in class." The teacher snapped.

"Sorry, sir." I muttered, looking down at my notes blankly.

"Daydreaming about me again huh, Valentine?" Hunter smirked from beside me.

"You wish, Blakewood." I sneered. My patience was usually good enough for a day, but when it came to him I suddenly had the urge to punch him in the face like I did back in grade school.

"Oh I do," he nodded.

"Pair work, class. I expect you to finish this personal page project by the end of the month. No exceptions. Your partner will be the one beside you. Good luck," when he said that I was pretty sure the teacher was looking straight at me with a slight smirk. Oh go to hell, mister.

"Well hello there partner. So when do we start?" Hunter asked. "And who's place? Mine or yours?"

"How about never?" I smiled sweetly at him. "And nowhere?"

Oh yes, Mondays was the day I hated the most. Let the games begin.

~*~

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE!!