Chapter 20

Chapter 20

{Val's POV}

Turns out, Hunter's been dying to ask me to marry him since he was ten, but he couldn't do that since I hated him back then. It's a real surprise for me to know that he loved me after all the insults I said to him. He told me about how much he spoke about me to everyone in Colorado before. So that's why people here looked at me with complete awe, it was his doing.

"What are you thinking about?" Hunter asked, interrupting my train of thoughts about him.

"You," I honestly replied, smiling shyly.

"What about me?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"How hot you look fixing our tent," I teased him.

Yep, we're camping and he's doing most of the work like setting the tent, starting the fire, looking for a log for us to sit on, and more. All I did was look for twigs for us to burn. That's how useless I was in camping. Hunter suggested that we go camping after riding.

"How did I make you say yes?" He blurted out.

I shrugged. "I don't really know. Maybe it's because of your looks and body."

"You said yes because of my looks and body?" He laughed.

"Yup, pretty much." I nodded.

"Okay, it's done." He slapped his hands and gestured towards my tent.

"Where's the other one?" I asked, looking at him.

"There's isn't any other one. Nana sent me only one."

I gave him a flat look, as if saying he has to be kidding me. He shook his head, as if saying he wasn't.

"What now?" I demanded, "I can't sleep out here. There's mosquitoes and insects."

"I'm not sleeping out either," he said, crossing his arms.

"What do we do now?" I asked, groaning.

"I sleep in here, you sleep in here," he gestured towards the tent. "We fit in here," he chuckled.

"No way! I said yes to you doesn't mean we can sleep beside each other already."

"We already did that before!"

"WHAT? When?"

"After your birthday party? Oh, right. You don't remember since you were drunk." He sarcastically said.

"Well, sorry, Mr. Sentimental." I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

He let out a whoop. "I promise I won't do anything... yet."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It means I'll wait for you to be ready."

If I had a drink right now, then it would be probably all over his face, if you catch my drift.

I hummed, ignoring his last statement. I mean, how the heck do you react to that? Either you reply in a sarcastic way, or ignore it. I choose the latter one.

"What do you want for dinner?" He asked, checking the basket of food we've brought.

"Are there any chicken there?"

"There's fried chicken."

"I want that." I nodded.

We ate dinner in silence and he pulled out smores! Oh my goodness!

"How did you know I love eating smores?!" I demanded.

"I didn't. I love smores. Grandad and I used to go camping and eat these." He replied.

"Tell me about him," I said.

"Grandad was an awesome grandfather. He wasn't strict or boring. He taught me a lot of things. Like fishing, camping, cooking, riding horses, planting, and baseball." He told me, with a far away look on his face. "He wasn't like any other grandfather, he was like my second dad. When he learned he had cancer, he didn't let it stop him from doing what he wanted. He was still the same. When he told me he had cancer, I felt like a part of me died."

"Well at least you knew him and made memories with him," I muttered. "I never met my grandfather. He died when I was only two, but my grandmother told me some things about him. He was a duke back in England and she was a commoner. Everyone in the land wanted their daughters to marry him, but his heart belonged to my grandmother. She said they were playmates since they were kids."

"You have royal blood?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I kinda do. I got it from my dad's side."

"That's so cool. So your grandmother lives in a mansion?"

"A castle," I corrected. "I've been there at least ten times only. I usually spend my summers with Farrah and Daniel here."

"When you're in your grandmother's castle, what do you do?" He asked.

"Nothing, really. I hang out in the vine yard, ride horses, swim at the river, and go around the meadows. It's quite boring in England. I only had to go there for special occasions. Like Christmas when I was twelve, she hosted a ball. Or birthdays, perhaps." I replied.

He let out a huge yawn.

"I think it's time for bed," I teased him. "C'mon, you're tired. We'll continue this when we can."

We entered the tent and I laid down beside him. He pulled me towards his hard chest. I let out a happy sigh. I'm glad I said I'd marry him. I know, for sure, that he loves me and I him.

~*~

COMMENT.

VOTE.

FAN.

SHARE.