Chapter 8

Chapter 8

{Valentine's POV}

 The moment I shut the front door, I heard my mom's voice along with someone else's. My eyes narrowed and I tried to comprehend with what they were talking about. 

"Hunter's been really busy lately, he's really trying his best to win Valentine's heart." A familiar voice said. Oh, it was Mrs. Blakewood! I crept to the left wing stairs as quickly as possible. 

"I'm glad. Val is very protective of her heart, she's guarded." My mom replied seriously. Whaaaat? 

"Anyway, what should the wedding theme be about?" Mrs. Blakewood asked. Oh, so that's what they were talking about. The wedding... my wedding... the wedding that I never planned to have.

"I think we should let them decide, Kristine," Mom replied after some seconds. "We kinda set them up after all." 

"You're right." Mrs. Blakewood agreed. She was about to say something else, but I made my get away after that. Well at least my mom was letting me decide. 

I entered the left wing and went to my room right away. I had to call someone, but who? Picking up the phone, I absentmindedly dialed Farrah's phone number. After three rings, she picked up.

"Hey, Val. What's up?" She asked. I sighed.

"Mom's with Hunter's mom, they're talking about the wedding plans." I urgently said. 

"They're serious, when will it be? Can I be the maid of honor? Who're the bride's maids? What's the theme? Can it be a beach theme?" She began her usual babble.

"To answer all of your questions, I don't know when it will be. Yes, you can be the maid of honor. I'm not sure who're the bride's maids. I'm not sure what theme I want. And beach themes are too common." I replied. 

"Aww, that's too bad. I wanted to wear a grass skirt," I could almost see her pout. 

"Help me think of a theme? I don't want to look stupid in front of everyone when they ask me that later," I said. 

"Sure! I'll just go get my laptop to look for ideas." She said, "hang on." I got my own laptop and booted it on, tapping slightly on the keys, looking for a nice website to look for ideas.

"Back," she cheerfully said, "I found some awesome ideas here. How do you like the traditional theme? You know, the one big and white wedding?" She asked. I made a face. Ew, no. Too predictable.

"I'm not that old fashioned," I muttered, "I kinda like this one." I looked through the photos. It was perfect. I explained the whole concept to her and she squealed in delight.

"I like it!" She said, clapping. "think about it, Val! Its like a princess and prince theme! How cute!" I rolled my eyes at her little celebration. 

"Alright, Farrah, you're getting too excited. Just don't tell anyone about it, okay? Not even Daniel," I said seriously. 

"Of course! My lips are sealed," I could imagine her nod her head as if it would fall off of her neck. "I promise!"

"Ok, good." I said.

"Oh, Val. I've got to go! Mum's calling me. She's been sick for days, it's kinda serious." She said. We said our good-byes and hung up. 

Then my phone rang again. I rolled my eyes, I just hung up. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Val, it's Hunter." Hunter's husky voice came from the other line. 

"Why are you calling?" I asked, confused. 

"I'm on my way there right now. My mom just called me she wants us to decide on everything in the wedding." He replied. Just like I know they would.

"Yeah, I know. So what?" I rolled my eyes. 

"I just..um, wanted to let you know.." 

"Okaaay then. Thanks for letting me know. I am at home after all." I drawled. 

"Okay, bye." He hung up.

~*~

"Darling, are you sure you want a garden wedding?" Mom asked me for the fifth time. 

I sighed, "yes mom, I want a garden wedding." 

"I'm just making sure, dear. It's uncommon," She replied. 

"That's why I want a garden wedding because its uncommon." I inserted. 

"How about you, Hunter, what would you suggest?" Kristine-- as she wanted me to call her-- asked. 

"I'm agreeing to anything Val wants. I believe she knows what is bet for the both of us." He said confidently.

My mom and Kristine shared a knowing look, as if saying 'Oh, yeah. He is so whipped.'

After the long discussion, I dragged myself to the kitchen and decided to make myself a sandwich with Hunter right behind me.

"The both of them are like children excited to host their first ever tea party." I rolled my eyes, referring to our moms.

"Talk about it, mom's been so excited. She keeps bugging me about it since Tuesday." Hunter sighed.

"I know right, thank goodness my mom didn't even bother." 

"Darling?" My mom called me. 

"What?" I yelled back.

"The wedding dress fitting is on Friday." Hunter let out a snort and gave me a look.

"Well, I spoke too soon," I said bluntly. 

Dinner was no better than that. Our moms thought how nice it would be if we 'got to know each other' over the months before we get married. By the way, the wedding date was set two months from now. How crazy is that? Around the summer time, seriously? My mom also reasoned that the gardens would look good in summer, even if in fact gardens looked best in spring. But if I told her that, she's make the date earlier. And that was bad enough. 

"Pass the pepper please?" Hunter nudged me from my left. I turned to look at him and gave him my best glare and handed him the pepper anyway.

"Look how adorable they both are!" Kristine cooed. I almost choked on that. 

Our dads were talking about stock rates and shit I didn't really care about. Hunter was unbelievably talking with them. Who knew he knew shit like stock rates and exchanges? WTF. It seemed like everyone has engaged themselves into something to talk about where as I was a complete loner. I carefully eyed my steak and cut it neatly into tiny bite size pieces. Yes, people, I was so bored that I cut my steak into tiny pieces, counting how many pieces I could cut it.

"Val darling, what are you dong? Isin't the steak delicious?" Mom asked.

"Oh," I snapped out of my little trance of cutting steak, "um, it's okay actually. I'm just not really hungry." 

"This is the second time, dear. Is something bothering you?" Yes, I wanted to scream. I'm getting married in two months and I just knew about this yesterday and I'm engaged since the day I was born to a guy who I hate since grade school. So yes! I am bothered. Very bothered!

"Nope," I popped the p and smiled at her, "it's all good." What a fake, I could say to myself. She then shrugged and turned back to Kristine and started talking about our wedding, which we were supposed to organize but they did it for us anyway. That, I was thankful for. 

~*~

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE!!