Chapter 17

Chapter 17

{Val's POV}

"This one was taken when Olivander was two, isn't he handsome?" Kristine giggled, showing me another picture.

"Oh, of course he is. Look how precious his eyes are!" I laughed, agreeing. "How about this one?" I asked, picking up another picture of Hunter with two other boys.

"Oh, that one was taken when he was seven with his best friends, I'm sure you know them." She gave me a happy smile. "Ashton and Finn."

"Yeah, I know them from school, but I don't really talk to them." I nodded.

"This was his first baseball bat, he used to carry it around everywhere!" She laughed at the memory.

I inspected the picture. Hunter was about ten years old and he was grinning at the camera, holding a wooden baseball bat. "I never knew he liked laying baseball."

"Well, he used to. Now he doesn't."

"Why?" I asked.

"When his grandfather died, he lost interest in it. His grandfather was the one who taught Olivander everything he knows about baseball. He was six when he first learned and his grandfather gave him that bat when he was eight."

"Wow, I thought he was ten here."

"Oh, no. Olivander was a big kid for his age.

"That's so sad. But Hunter has a different was of coping." I observed. "Usually people get so addicted to it, and he just dropped it like a hot potato."

"I know, it's such a same. He used to be MVP of his team back then. He stopped playing at sixteen." She shook her head sadly.

Hunter strode into the living room, giving his mom a pointed glare.

"You're showing her my nudes, are you?" He asked.

"Of course I am!" Kristine laughed.

"And I'm not enjoying it one bit," I said solemnly.

"Don't worry, you'll get to see all of this during out honeymoon." He motioned towards his body.

"Ew! Gross, Olivander! Keep your mind off the gutter while I'm right here." She waved her hands in the air.

"By the way, speaking of honeymoon. Where are we going?" I asked.

Kristine and mom booked everything for us, so we didn't need to do anything. They paid, full in-much to our protests. While out dads paid for our wedding and reception, which included the gowns and flowers. We didn't pay for anything.

"I'm not telling you anything." She said tauntingly. "Thats for us to know, and for you to find out."

"We can always ask dad." Hunter suggested.

"He doesn't know anything, after all... Laurie and I paid for the honeymoon."

"Sneak in their study and look for pay checks?" I put in helpfully.

"Not going to work, honey. It's all burned now." She smiled.

"Fine, I give up." Hunter groaned. "there's no way of pouring information out of you."

"Good," she grinned.

"It's time to go home, Val. It's getting late." Hunter reminded me, looking at his watch.

"But I just showed her two boxes! There's thirteen more to go!" Kristine wailed.

"Not tonight, mom."