Chapter 22

Chapter 22

{This takes place the next day..}

"Wakey, wakey! Eggs and bakey!" A cheerful voice chimes as someone ripped the blanked off me.

I curl into a ball and groan, "go away."

"No can do, Valentine Athena Harries. We're going to have guests over today! Today is a big day!" My mom's awfully cheerful voice said.

"Who?" I grumbled.

"Just some relatives," she shrugged. "Now get dressed. I put out a dress for you and some shoes, make sure to look presentable, honey." With that, she skipped out of my room and left me in my sanctuary.

I check the time, it was seven o' clock. What the effing... I got off of my beautiful and comfortable bed and dragged my lazy ass into the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth. I found the dress mom was talking about. It was a top with lace and a pink skirt that reached above my knees. Is this what she called a dress? I put it on anyway and wore a cute pink bow just to pair it up with my skirt and some cute flat sandals. I put some light make-up on and curled my hair. At last, I was ready. I sprayed some perfume and skipped down the stairs, two steps at a time. Who exactly were those relatives, I wondered. I peered at the living room, where all the fuss was going on and about. Then I heard it. The three voices I thought I wouldn't hear for the next two years.

"HOLLY, CALLIE, JAMIE!!" I squealed and ran over to them with a bright and wide smile. "Oh my gods, I cannot believe you're here!"

"Me too, oh my gosh! You're getting married, and I'm the bride's maid!" Holly squealed with me.

Here's some information about Holly. She's the eldest of the three, she's the prepy type but she's really nice, she's the same year as I am.

"Excuse me but what am I, a potato?" Callie protested.

Callie is the second child, as you can guess. She's athletic and very sarcastic, she's a year younger than me. And of course my silent and nerdy-ish cousin. She's the youngest and she's Callie's identical twin sister. Jamie just stood there with her gigantic smile. She's quiet and reserved. But she's still very cool. She writes in a site called Wattpad and has millions of views in it! Her imagination is so wild sometimes.

"I can't believe you're here!" I say with complete glee.

"I think she forgot us," my uncle Connor whispered to my aunt Gina.

"Oh of course I forgot all about you guys." I sarcastically remark, then gave them a hug.

"You look like your father every time I see you," Uncle Connor said.

"She does not!" My mom inserted. "She looks like me, right Gina?"

Aunt Gina looked puzzled and hurriedly nodded, "absolutely." Then she gave me a wink and showed me her crossed fingers. I laughed at her childishness.

"Omg, I have so much to tell you!" Holly said, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the living room. "But first tell me more about your hot fiance."

"Holly, you can't say that in front of Vallie," Jamie said, swatting Holly's arm.

"What do you me in front of me? She can't say that ever," I said seriously, but making it sound like a joke.

"She didn't mean what she said, she's going boy crazy lately," Callie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, since Sam broke up with her--" Jamie began but Holly slapped her cheek.

"Don't tell!" she squealed, horrified.

At the same time I said, "Do Tell!"

"There's this guy.. Callie, hold her down.-- as I was saying, there's this guy named Sam. He's QB and all, Holly being HC fell for him, the end. Sequel: he broke up with her." Jamie said with hushed tones.

"She's still not over him? How long ago was that?" I asked.

"It's been two months, okay!" Holly finally cried, annoyed. "I caught him cheating but he beat me to it."

I pulled her into a hug, comforting her.

"Enough of my tragic love life! How did he propose?" She wiped her stray tears away and put on a big smile.

My mood automatically lifted. "Well, we went to Colorado."

"OH MG GOSH! Colorado?! Oh my gosh!!" Callie interrupted.

"Shut up," Jamie rolled her eyes. "Go on," she looked at me with big curious eyes.

"He brought me to Colorado. i met his Nanna and his cousins. They're the flower girls, by the way. Then we went horse back riding. It was so romantic," I sighed. "Then we stopped by this river and he asked me. I said yes."

"Did he go on the traditional one knee thingy?" Holly asked, her eyes wide open.

"No, I was leaning against him then he showed me the box with the ring inside it to me from behind then he asked me."

"Aww! That is so sweet, I wish I had a fiancee like that!" Jamie grinned.

"Me too!" Callie and Holly chorused.

"Val?" Hunter's voice came from behind me.

I turned around with a great big smile. "Hey Hunt! These are my cousins: Holly, Callie and Jamie."

He walked over to us with his signature smirk, "hey, my name's Hunter Blakewood."

"Oh, we know!" Callie beamed, "it's so great to finally meat you."

"Wait, who's who?" Hunter asked, confused.

"Callie is the one who's hair is always in a pony tail while Jamie's hair is in a bun." I put in quickly.

"I have a mole on my shoulder here," Callie said, pointing at her right shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Holly--"

"Stop flirting, he's taken," Jamie rolled her eyes.

"What?! I did no such thing!"

"Bitch please," I laughed. "Anyway, you've met my three crazy cousins... what brings you here?"

"Your mom invited us over to meet my family-in-law to-be." he said.

"Is there such a word?" Jamie asked, her eyebrows up.

"I'm in the his house!!" Farrah shouted and came barging in.

Holly squealed then Farrah squealed and they tacked each other into a hug. It was as if they were long lost sisters. Oh, yeah. I feel the love alright!

"Honey, aunt Elsa's here!" Mom chirped.

"I thought she moved out because she got a job?" I asked.

"Aunt Elsa the crazy one?" Farrah asked, her finger doing a swirl.

"shut up," I hissed, "adults have really good hearing powers."

"Well, she's back for a night or two. She just wants to hang out with us hoes." my mom grinned, thinking she was cool.

I did a face palm while everyone cracked up. "Mom, hoes means whores in ghetto."

"Oh? Well, my bad." She skipped away.

I swear she's crazy or something. I guess in runs in the blood, if you catch my drift.

~*~

COMMENT.

FAN.

VOTE.

SHARE.

Val's outfit is at the side/top.