Chapter 19

Chapter 19

{Val’s POV}

“Good morning, Hunter and Valentine. Nice to see you again.” Adam (Hunter’s pilot and friend) smiled warmly at us as we entered Hunter’s private jet.

“Nice to see you too,” I smiled back.

“Great to see you, man.” Hunter grinned cheekily and patted his shoulder.

We took our seats where we sat before, back when we went to New York. Adam went back to the cockpit and after a few minutes, I felt the jet move slightly.

“Who lives back in your dad’s ranch?” I asked.

“My dad’s mom, my grandma. My grandad died back when I was younger.” He replied.

“The one who taught you how to play baseball?”

He nodded, “the very same one.”

I noted the drastic change of his mood when I mentioned his grandad, “what do you usually do in Colorado?”

“Ranch stuff,” he replied shortly.

“You’re not telling me?” I guess.

He gave me a playful smiled and nodded. “It’s a secret.”

“Be like that,” I frowned. “How long does it take to get to your ranch from the airport?”

“About thirty minutes, I kinda forgot. It’s been years since I’ve been there.” he shrugged.

“Why don’t you go there much? I mean, your grandma’s there! My grandmother lives all the way in England and I barely see her because of it.”

“It hurts going back in Colorado.” He simply said.

“Then what we doing here?” I demanded.

“No, I want my grandma to meet you.” He said.

“Oh,” I dumbly said.

“Yeah. Well, the last time I’ve been here was two years ago.” He said. “Ashton and Finn went with me.”

“Don’t you think your grandma won’t like me?” I questioned.

“Nana loves everyone, especially you.”

“She doesn’t know me.” I flatly stated.

“Don’t worry, she knows everything about you.” He smirked.

~*~

The harsh glare of the sun kept me from looking at my surroundings. So far, all I’ve seen was trees, lakes, animals, and a gigantic modern-looking ranch. I always thought that ranches were supposed to be old looking. I was obviously wrong. The color was cream white and red, there were big windows, and it was surrounded with plants everywhere.

“Welcome to Blakewood Ranch. My dad inherited this ranch from his dad and his dad and so on, you get the picture. We renovated the whole place so we won’t look so old compared to those ranches.” Hunter jerked his thumb towards the nearest ranch which was a three kilometers away. “The old ranch is over there. Nana lives here, since dad insisted. Nobody lives in the old ranch, but the servants and farmers.”

“You’re so lucky you guys have a ranch, we don’t. My grandmother owns a palace in England but it’s empty and cold.” I said, gawking at the flower beds we just passed by.

Hunter led me into the ranch and knocked on the door. Later, it was opened by a friendly looking butler. Or I think he’s a butler.

“Hunter, what a surprise! It’s so good to see you!” The man grinned widely and gave him a big hug. “And you must be Valentine, he talks about you a lot.” he said as he turned to me and gave me a hug as well. “My name is Marcus. I’m the head of Blakewood ranch, and the oldest personnel I might add.”