Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"It's final then," Hunter announced, "the Traditional Meatball Spaghetti and the Premium well-done Steak as the main course."

"The very thought of it makes my mouth water," I sighed with delight.

"But we just ate!" He laughed, nudging my side.

We came from the caterers and tasted the food for the wedding reception and headed to the florist. We entered the flower shop and the overwhelming smell of flowers hit me like a friggen' truck.

"Hey, Mrs. Davids. This is my fiance Hunter, we're going to check out the flower arrangements?" I politely smiled at the aging woman who owned the flower shop.

"Oh, yes. The young couple who's getting married in the summer," She smiled back.

She led us to the back of the shop, where there was a computer and two couches for us to sit on. She motioned for us to take a seat and we did.

"This is what I came up with," she presented us a paper with some sketches on it. She drew the formation of the flowers and the arrangements.

"It's lovely!" I beamed, passing one to Hunter.

"What flower is this?" Hunter asked. "Roses or something?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Sorry about him, it's the only flower he knows." I said apologetically at Mrs. Davids.

"It's your favorite flowers," he protested.

The florist looked at us with amused eyes, "It's an arrangement of roses, daffodils, hibiscus, carnations, and lilies."

"Oh," he said dumbly. "Um, the arrangement is really nice."

Oh, my awkward little friend... it is nice. I laughed to myself. "He's right, it is nice. More than nice in fact," I said.

"That's wonderful! And this one is for the arc we talked about," she handed me another paper.

It was huge and at least two people fit underneath it. It was perfect. I grinned ear to ear with happiness. "This is perfect! I love it!"

"And how about this one? This one is for the reception tables."

I looked at the simple yet amazing flower arrangement for my reception tables. "It's wonderful."

"And last but not least, the bouquet." She said, "this one you specifically told me to design using carnations."

I nodded, "don't show it to him," I jabbed my thumb towards Hunter. "I want it a surprise!"

She nodded understandingly and handed me the paper. The bouquet was beautiful. It had a color of violet and white.

"How about the flowers beside the aisle?"

"That one you didn't specify, so I used lavenders with carnations."

"That's fine," I said. "Oh and do remember that the bride's maids and maid of honor should have rainbow colored roses." I added.

"Ah, yes of course." She nodded.

We handed the papers back to her and she put them in a folder. We went back out of the office and looked around the shop.

"Hey, remember when you got me white roses?" I asked.

"Was it white roses? I don't remember, all I remember is that I gave you roses."

I rolled my eyes, "you're such a guy!" I hit his arm playfully.

"You two make a great couple!" An old lady said from behind us.