Chapter 18

Chapter 18

{Val's POV}

"Where's your other half?" Dan asked, taking a seat next to me.

"He's having his boy time with his friends," I replied shoving pasta into my mouth.

"Eat like a person, Valentine Athena." Farrah scolded me, scowling.

"You sound like my grandmother. You should stop that," I laughed. Well, the irony.

"Stop mentioning her." She snapped.

Okay, let me explain. my grandmother and Farrah don't exactly like each other. There was this one Christmas that I invited Farrah and Daniel to eat at my grandmother's castle. (Yes, my grandmother lives in a castle back in England. And it's not the Buckingham Palace, please spare me! My grandfather used to be a duke.) To cut things short, Farrah did something that made my grandmother angry. Farrah hates her equally as she does. While my grandmother likes Daniel, that she even pinned us together a few times.

"I'm sorry if she hates you so much and she loves me so much. By the way, are we visiting her anytime soon?" Dan asked.

"I think she's coming next week or the week after that. She said she won't miss my wedding even if she's not exactly ecstatic about it." I said shrugging.

"She doesn't like Hunter?" Farrah asked, frown evident. She's a huge Vunter shiper.

"Not that she doesn't like him... she hasn't met him yet. I mean, she's not happy that I'm getting married early." I reasoned out.

"You mean she's not happy you're not marrying me." Dan said cockily.

"Shut up, Daniel." Farrah mocked.

"It's Dan." He snapped.

"Guys, let's try not to get into a fight today?" I groaned. "It was better when they weren't talking." I muttered to myself.

"I heard your Chemistry partner is Alyana," Farrah wiggled her eyebrows. "Do you like her?" Seriously, Farrah was too straight forward.

"I don't like her, Far. She's just a friend." Dan slapped his face with his hand.

"Keep saying that," I giggled.

"Hey, it's time. I don't want to be late for History, I'm sure he's looking for a reason to send me to detention." Farrah said, annoyed. She picked her bag up and waved us one last good-bye and left hastily.

"I gotta go too," I said. "Arts is my next class. I'm lagging behind everyone with the portrait we're working on."

"Good luck." Dan laughed.

"Why aren't you rushing?" I demanded.

"It's my free period today, there's no reason to hurry." He shrugged.

"Alright, see you!" I waved and walked down the crowded hall.

During Arts, my philosophical teacher walked around class talking about random stuff. I seriously don't need a pep talk while I'm trying to paint something decent.

"What exactly is your topic?" the teacher asks skeptically.

"Umm.. I'm not really..."

"Oh, it about love isn't it?" She gushed.

"I guess..."

"You painted flowers, hearts, swirls, and more of these. What is these?"

"It's..um, pizza." I muttered, kinda embarrassed.