Chapter 28

Chapter 28

{Val's POV | The Night Before The Wedding} (A/N: This happened a few days after the engagement party, mind you.)

"Woo-hoo, bachelorette party!!" Callie yelled throwing her hands up in the air.

"So where do we go first?" Holly asked, clutching the wheel of the car, "strip club or night club?"

"I call strip club!" Stacey and Trinity yelled.

"Can we go eat dinner before we go to a club?" Jamie asked.

"Jay, eating before drinking is a big no-no. You eat while you drink! You're gonna feel less worse when you puke it all out," Holly said, starting the engine.

We were currently going to my bachelorette party. By we, I mean: me, Holly, Callie, Jamie, Farrah, Trinity, Stacey, and Alyana. Dawn and Daphne was left at home, of course, although Daphne kept insisting that she looked old enough to get in a club. Dawn was really happy to know that she will be spending the night at home, instead of somewhere else. Because, truth be told, these past days were hectic as hell. We went left and right for dress fittings, food testing, and practices. It was really tiring, and I really envied Dawn of having her peace and quiet.

"Am I the only one who doesn't want to go out tonight?" I asked, looking around.

"Oh, no. You're not the only one," Jamie grumbled.

"Why not just go without us?" I moaned.

"It's your bachelorette party, honey. You can't not be here at all," Holly said from the front. "And it's too late now, we're nearly there."

"How does she even know where the night clubs and strip clubs are at when she's new here?" I wondered out loud.

"Beats me." Jamie whispered.

We drove to a night club called Wild West, and got a booth. I sat down playing with my phone.

"Are you serious right now?!" The wedding will be tomorrow and you're playing Candy Crush?" Callie demanded.

"Cal, I'm not sure if you know but I don't drink," I rolled my eyes.

"Well you did on your birthday party!" Farrah retorted.

"That6 because everyone was shoving drink in my face!" I defended myself.

"If that's what takes you to drink.." Holly said, "drink up!" She shoved a drink in my face.

"No, I don't want to have a hung over in my own wedding!" I said angrily.

"Fine, no drinks for us. What to do then?" Callie huffed.

"Why not you girls just go dance and we'll just chill here?" Jamie asked.

They all left and went to the dance floor while I was dying in hunger.

"Hey, ladies. You alone?" A random guy asked. He was good looking, no doubt, but I'm engaged to someone who looks a heck lot better.

"No," I shortly reply, indicating he has to leave because we're in no mood to talk.

Jamie was completely ignoring him now. She's reading Wattpad from her phone, and it seems like no one and nothing can stop her from doing so.

The guy got what I meant by no, because he shrugged and the smirk fell off of his face and he turned away from us.

"Hey, wanna ditch them?" I asked Jamie.

"Where would we go?' Well, that sparked her interest.

"I dunno, wherever."

"I'm not sure about this, Val.."

"C'mon," I say. "Let's take a taxi. I'll just send them a message we left."

She stood up along with me, "well take me anywhere you want to."

"Oh! I know this little cafe just a few minutes from here, it closes at two because they hold a little book clubs every Friday and Saturday nights."

"Are you telling me we're going to a cafe with books in it?" She asked me, eyes wide.

"Yes, I am. They also sell books, actually. It started as a bookstore then they eventually added a cafe." I explained.

"Well what are we waiting for?! Take me to paradise."

I hailed a cab and we got in. I sent a message to all of them letting them know we left them with the car.

"Oh, we're here." I say, handing the guy some bills and we got out of the taxi.

The cafe's name was Maria's and I've been here since freshman year. So I'm sort of like a regular.

"Valentine, how wonderful of you to come join us for this week's book," Maria, the owner, smiled brightly. "Oh, and who's this?"

"Hey, Maria. This is my cousin Jamie. Jamie, this is Maria, she owns the place." I say.

"Hello, it's really nice to meet you. Your shop is so beautiful, I could live here forever!" Jamie enthusiastically said, looking around.

"Oh, it's great living here," Maria laughs. "I live just above this store."

Maria led us to the back part of the store, while she closed the front. She usually closed early if there's a book club. The back part of the store was spacious, and there were long tables and chairs that lined them. There was a book placed in front of each seat. Every week, she chose one book and we'd talk about it. I've been in some of her book clubs, but not all of them. I occasionally see some of my school mates too.

"Hello, everybody! We have a new member of the club." Maria says happily.

"Oh, but I didn't.." Jamie began.

"There's no actual membership here. We just call it that," I whispered quickly before she could finish.

"Oh," she says lamely.

"Her name's Jamie." Everyone said hello to her and introduced themselves.

"And look who the cat dragged in, everyone!" Maria added jokingly. "Valentine Harries, everyone!" e

I blushed. "Hey, guys."

"By the way, her wedding is tomorrow." Maria says. "So congratulations, Val."

We began talking about the book of the week, Looking for Alaska. Where a guy who's new in a boarding school learn about his new surroundings and meets new friends, including Alaska Young his crush. So basically, the book's really nice. it was by John Green, one of my favorite writers, of course. Don't tell me you didn't cry while reading The Fault In Our Stars, because I sure did. Who knew Gus would die in the end? But I'm a really weird reader. I actually like someone dying in the books I read because I think it makes things dramatic.

So that, everybody, is how I (and Jamie) spent my bachelorette night.

~*~

COMMENT.

VOTE.

SHARE.

FAN.

RANDOM OBVIOUS FACT: This is a work of fiction. So means, all of the names here are all fake and made up. Also I got a comment saying it's 'oh my god' and not 'oh my gods'. I don't wanna sound snobbish, but it's from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series. It's a book reference. Like how I used 'Divergents' in one of my chapters. I'm not calling out to anyone, but it's an indirect to who ever the person who commented that. Indirect.