Chapter 2

Chapter 2

{Valentine's POV}

If there was one thing I loved to do in this world, aside from eat, was to dance. It all started when my mom gave me a pair of beautiful ballet shoes for Christmas, hoping that I would learn to dance ballet. And her wish came true, I did learn how to dance ballet but not just ballet. In grade school, I started to compete in regional for solo dance. Then in middle school, I joined the dance team and got in right away. And up until now, I am still in the dance team. Dancing was my passion, it like called to me or something. So basically, you would always catch me dancing in my room all by myself. But since my mom supports my dancing so much, she even got me my own dance room. Complete with wall-to-wall mirrors, exercise equipment, hard-wood floor, and other stuff for my dancing. I had like one whole closet just for my leotards and dance shoes. That's how much my mom supports me. Even if my mom may be kinda crazy, she's still a kick-ass mom when it comes to my passion for dance.

"Daydreaming again, Val?" My coach, Lou, grinned at me.

"You know it," I weakly smiled back at her. "So whats the next routine?" I asked casually changing the topic.

"You'll seel," she gave me a sly smile.

"Oh, yeah! Be like that." I said loudly.

The girls laughed at my silly antics and continued with their warm-ups. Then Trinity, a dance mate of mine came to give me the daily gossip new happening in school. Not that I needed to know anyway! She even had a blog for her gossip news. I guess she wants to be spotted by an agent and become a news caster or something.

"Hey, Valentine! Did you hear?" Her usual line was.

"Hunter has his eyes set on you."

"And where exactly did you get this news, Trinity?" I asked, giving her a tired look.

"From someone within school, of course."

"Of course," I echoed, my voice dripping with heavy sarcasm. "It's obviously not true, Trinity. He and I hate each other. It never gonna happen."

"Oh, it's not? I was planning to totally ship you guys! That's so sad." She said, shaking her head.

"Yeah," I said flashing her a fake smile, not really feeling sorry for her.

So to sum it all up, dance practice was delightful. We danced to a pop song by Justin Bieber and at the end we were all tired. By the time I went out of the gym, there were very little people goofing round the halls. Usually by this time, Daniel and Farrah is waiting for me at the parking lot and right now they were probably fighting. I went to the parking lot and looked around for them, but they weren't there. And so was my car. When I checked my phone, my mom messaged me this:

Got your spare keys and drove to your aunt's using your car. Hope you don't mind, hun. I'll be gone for a few days. Dad is in London for business matters. Mrs Hopkins will attend to your needs. Love you, dear. take care. -mom.

Sometimes I wanted to strangle her. Why the hell would she get my car if we had like, ten different varieties of cars in the garage?! JUST GREAT. I then noticed that there was an annoying presence behind me.

"You're still here, Valentine, need a ride?" Hunter asked.

"I'd rather walk!" I said angrily, heading towards the exit.

"Hold on, isin't your house far away?"

"How nice to know you know so little of me, Blakewood. I live nearby, thank you for your concern." my voice dipped with sarcasm.

"Are you sure you don't want to have a ride in my car?" By car he meant: his racing car. Ferrari's were never my type anyway, meh, who cares.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." I answered, annoyed.

He tried again, but I was already half way across the lot and walking towards the exit. Like I said, school was just near my house and I never really had a problem walking. Sometimes it was good exercise and sometimes it was a good way thinking about things clearly. Like how the hell did my mom manage to find my spare keys for my car, or why the hell did the twins leave me, or maybe how convenient it was for me that my dad also had to be not around. Instead of over-thinking about things that were not really important. I'll just give the twins a piece of my mind when I call them later.

"Good evening, Valentine. How was school?" Mrs. Hopkins, our house keeper asked kindly.

"It was surprising." I replied, heading towards the left wing of our house (You could call it a mansion but I prefer house.) which I called dibs on. It had the best view of the estate and there were trees nearby it so I had an easy access of escaping when I'm grounded. Life with multi-billionaire parents is kinda stressful. First, you parents are always away on business trips, then I'm the only child so the pressure was all on me. (Also because I' the heiress.)

"Dinner will be served in fifteen minutes, dearie." She called from behind me.

"Thanks, Mrs. Hopkins." I called back as I threw my bag on the floor like a sack of potatoes. I happily entered my room. My room is probably the best room in the whole house. It was color brown with a touch of an old fashioned bedroom that was made out of pure wood, it was the size of two classrooms and I had a walk-in closet. My room was divided into three different parts: the bedroom itself (Where the bed is.), the wardrobe (Where the clothes are.) and the living room (Where my other junk was.) The bedroom was where I usually did my beauty sleep, it was pretty spacious and I had a four poster canopy bed right in the middle of it. The wardrobe was really posh, since my mom really loved buying me clothes (Plus the bathroom is inside the wardrobe). The living room held all of my other stuff, like my piano that sat in the corner my other music instruments, my couches were there, and paintings (I don't hang there much, though.)

I wandered into my wardrobe and took my leotard and jacket off, changing into simple sweat pants and a baggy tee. I loved feeling comfortable at home. I re-did my bun into a pony tail and headed towards the dinning room. The food Mrs. Hopkins cooked was like a taste of heaven. It was perfect for everyone, and everyone loved her cooking, no kidding there.

"It was delicious. Thanks so much, now I'll just be in my room when you need me." I said politely as I passed by her on my way to my room. She simply nodded at me and fixed the table up.

I did my homework, which was really suckish and then I booted my loptop on and threw myself on the bed. What was the latest news? Hmm, I don't really care either. I scrolled through my Twitter wall and found Trinity's new tweet: New romance blooming in Math class today. Anybody shipping Vunter? xx :)

I cringed. What the hell is Vunter? I quickly typed a reply to her: @TrninityLoveBug What is a Vunter, Trin?

I clicked on my notifications and saw several tweets from Farrah: @ValentineHarries Sorry that we couldn't wait. Something came up. Mum felt ill and we had to pick her meds from the pharmacy. xoxo

I repied that it was perfectly fne and I understood. After all, family first right? I then saw Trinity's reply to my tweet: @ValentineHarries It's your ship name. DUH. #Vunter forever.

Exactly what the hell has gotten into her mind? Right after I told her that Hunter and I were a low-blow, aka NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, she goes around tweeting it! What a low life weirdo. I sometimes wonder how she even got into the dance team. Maybe it was because she was either really good or Lou let her in as a charity case. Poor bub.

~*~

CANOPY BED pic at the side

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE!!