Honey Badger - Daniel Ricciardo

Daniel's POV

"I see you soon, mate. Go get your girl" Max tells me, patting me on the back. We just came back from Barcelona, the first week of testing was last week and Max and I flew back together to Monaco.

The person who I wanted with me, couldn't be there. Y/N is extremely busy, but I get to come home to her, as we live together in Monaco.

"Alright, see you next week" I tell Max, waving at him, before getting into my car. I turn the engine on and it roars to life. I drive out of the airport parking lot and onto the main road. I get close to our neighbourhood quite quickly, making a smile creep onto my face.

I park the car in the usual spot, locking the car. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and make my way to the apartment building. I unlock the door, to find the apartment completely dark. That makes me frown, but when I spot Y/N's shoes next to the door, I know that she's home. It's 8 P.M, why would she be asleep right now?

I take off my own shoes, taking my bag to the bedroom. I softly open the door, to find her curled up, her arms clutching something. I close the door again, softly, trying to not wake her up. I take off my shirt and pants, moving the covers up to crawl into the bed next to her. When I look at her, I see her clutching onto my Honey Badger stuffed animal, that I once got from a fan. I smell my own aftershave on it, which makes me smile.

I softly kiss her head, only then can I see the dried up tearstreams on her cheeks, which makes me frown again. She moves a bit, before slowly opening her eyes. She gets a small smile on her face when she sees me. Her arms immediately move around my waist, pulling herself up to lay her head down on my chest. I move my arm around her waist, kissing her head again.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask her, moving my finger over her cheek. She sighs softly, before looking up at me.

"I just had a shitty day, I'm glad you're back" she mumbles.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.

Y/N's POV

I look up at Daniel, as he's looking down at me worriedly.

"My boss just started yelling at me the entire week, but it got even worse today and I don't even know why. He just started calling me names, telling me that I'm worthless and those things. I just missed you a lot, so it resulted in me crying and I, I just felt like shit" I mumble. Daniel sighs softly. He hates my boss with ihs whole heart. He's not one to hate someone, but my boss made it.

"You're not going back there" Daniel mumbles. I frown, looking up at him.

"Why not?"

"Because your boss treats you like shit. We're going to find a new job for you. I don't want you near that man anymore. Besides, I just want to spend the day with you, tomorrow. I've missed you a lot" Daniel says, making me smile at him.

"Have I ever told you how amazing you are?" I ask him, making him chuckle.

"I can't recall, no" he says, a wide grin on his face. The grin that I love so much.

"Well, mister Ricciardo, you are truly amazing" I tell him. He leans in to kiss my lips, making the butterflies explode in my stomach.

"I love you, so much" Daniel mumbles. I just lay back down, tracing his skin with my index finger.

"I was thinking. Maybe I could just travel along with you this season, forget about  a new job" I mumble. I've actually been thinking about that for a while now, since I hate my job and I hate my boss. And I always miss Daniel when he's away when I can't come.

"You know, that is an amazing idea. I'd love to have you with me every race this year. You are my lucky charm, remember?" I smile at that. I was with him in Malaysia, when he won last year. He keeps reminding me that it was because I was there.

"I'll make sure you win more often this year, Dan" I mumble, before I feel Daniel's lips against my head. Slowly, my eyes get heavy and fall shut, but I can feel Daniel's lips on my head when I fall asleep.

-----------------------------------------

Request by VettelFerrari

Hope you liked it! Again, so sorry it took me so long! :(

If you have a request, comment or send me a message :)

xxxxxx