Chap 8(b)

Guy's, I'm so damn Happy, we have reached 405.
Dammit!! I love u all.
Thanks for the the votes, the comments, the views 😘😘
Do give a feedback :)

With love,
The author.

A light and hesitant knock on the door brought Amal back to her senses.Quickly she got off the floor; cleaned the tears on her cheeks with her sleeves and fixed her head scarf.
Not trusting her voice she remained quiet, again the knock could be heard, yet Amal remained quiet. After some Time the door opened, Slow and hesitant steps could be heard, now someone stood behind her yet Amal did not turn to face them.

"Uh- Amal look i- i wanted to say I'm sorry.... It's just that dad had been so depressed i couldn't -

Before Maliha could continue Amal had her stunned, She was hugging Maliha as if her dear life depends on it.
Amal's sobs brought Maliha out of shock.

"Amal?....Amal?", She got no response all she heard were sobs.

"Amal... Whats wrong please tell me?...you're frightening me", Said Maliha hugging her back.

"I- I- Miss my- Mo-mom", She said with a dried out, broken voice.

Maliha rubbed her consoling hands on her back, "Shhh.. Its all right, she would be happy you are getting married"

"No- No... She would be disappointed, I- I have hurted you all... I'm such a bad daughter", Amal said sobbing heavily.

"Don't say that, Amal you are wonderful, I understand that you made a mistake and I forgive you and Father would too, soon. Come on now sit down", Said Maliha making her sit on the sofa.
" look at me", She continued.

Amal raised her eyes looking at her.

"You are not alone Amal, you'll always have me, you have dady... You know he loves you he'll forgive you with time... U'll be alright, come on now give me a smile", She said cleaning the fallen tears.

Amal gave a week smile.

" Now that's a good girl, Now go wash your face we'll have do the makeup again, u'll have poor Dulha bahi (groom) running for his life if you go out like that", joked Maliha to lighten her mode, little did she know how much Amal hates him.

With week steps Amal made her way to the washroom, Cleaning her messy face, she stepped out.
Maliha had called the beautition again, Amal made her way back to the sofa and sat down facing her.

"Oh My Goodness, What did she do?", Asked the poor beautition; horrified.

"Isn't it obvious, She cried her eyes out, good thing we have got time or Else we would have people running with fear of being eaten by a horrific Witch", joked Maliha.

---------------------------

Her heartbeat rose to a point where she felt as if her heart would burst out of her chest any moment. She was now walking towards the stage where the groom was already seated, She could feel his victorious gaze on her. She raised her eyes filled of hatred, He was wearing White Sherwani making him look devilishly handsome but of course Amal would not agree, not with the hatred she had for him.

Soon she was seated in front of him, her eyes boring into his the whole time with deep hearted. Making her wonder when did she got this much courage to challenge his gaze.
Soon she heard the molvi sahib start the nikah, She was too busy delivering the message of her hatred to him she barely heard what he said. She noticed him narrowing his eyes in warning. Then she realized she was being asked by the molvi whether she Accepts the monster in front of her to be her husband.
Unable to answer she remained quiet.
The molvi repeated the same question again yet she had her lips locked.

"Amal, honey answer him, say yes", said her aunt disparately.

The molvi asked the question the third and the last time, yet she remained quite.
Her eyes traveled back to him, his eyes had gone dark, warning her to dare not make a wrong move. Ignoring them her eyes found her Uncle's, She saw the way they pleaded her not to embarrass him any further.
That was all she needed to give in.

"Kabool hay", ( I accept ) She whispered as a tear made its way down her cheek without warning.

Glossary:

Sherwani: A Pakistani dress worn by men, mostly at marriages and important events.

Molvi Sahib: A religious Man who usually perform nikah. (marriage pledges ), like a priest.