8

The next day I walked out of the cave and saw Father with a long sword. He was hitting a wooden dummy. I walked over to him. "Good morning" I say he stops and looks at me.

"Morning" he says swinging his sword again at the wooden dummy "now you see what I'm doing?" I nodded my head "practicing" then he grabs a stick and throws it to me and I catch it "it's better to practice with a stick than a sword because you don't want anyone getting hurt" then he swings the stick at me. I block it "good now what's your attack like?" Father says. I didn't know what he meant "take a few swings at me I won't get hurt" I swung my stick at him. Father blocked each hit. I stopped then he grabbed my shirt and put his stick on my chest "never stop swinging your weapon if you're tired. Right now you would be dead" Father released me. He walked away from me, I saw Mother watching I dropped the stick and ran in the woods.

I climbed a tree got to the top, and sat on a branch. I need to be alone right now, Mother saw Father training me, and he would've killed me if the sticks were swords. I'm not ready for this am I? I gripped the tree branch that I was sitting on with my hands, I'm not strong enough.

Then I heard Mother, Father, and Leo calling my name. "Zuri!" I didn't respond. I'm too weak to fight. Zuri where are you? I hear Shirow say "I'm weak" I whisper "my mother saw it" you will be like your father "how do you know?" I didn't hear an answer from Shirow. "Zuri I was like you once" I hear Father say "I was weak I met your mother she helped me get through" "I can help you too" Mother says "I helped your father by using magic" I didn't climb down the tree "Shirow what can I do?" I say let your father train you I hear Shirow say.

I looked down and saw Father, Mother and Leo looking up at me. I made my way down the tree as my feet touched the ground. I turned around and looked at my parents and Leo "let's do it then" I say that's it Zuri I hear Shirow say.

I walked back to the cave entrance "Zuri" I look back at Father "never think you're weak" he says picking up a stick and throwing it at me I catch it. "Now fight!" Father swings his stick I block his hit. I swing my stick and he blocks my hit. Then I grab his shoulder and hit my stick in Father's gut. He looks at me and smiles "I would've been dead" I let him go, he walks over to the wooden dummy that he was swinging his sword at earlier, picks up his sword and hands it to me. "Practice hitting the target" Father says he walks away.

I watch him walk inside the cave. I swing the sword hitting the wooden dummy leaving more cuts on it. Then I see Leo walk over "he has you hitting the dummy?" He says "yes" I say swinging the sword at the dummy "do you realize how much you're sweating?" I shake my head "no" "then how about you stop" "I can't stop he said never stop swinging your weapon if you're tired." Leo shakes his head "Revan's pushing you too hard" I stop swinging the sword at the dummy and look at him "too hard? Did he push you?" I say "he did, he told me to never stop and I never stopped" Leo says. I swing my sword at the wooden dummy hitting it over and over again "I'm. Not. Weak!" I yelled hitting the wooden dummy, the sword turned red and went straight through breaking the top half of it. I looked at Leo his eyes were wide like an owl. I looked at the sword in my hands. What was that?