9

Mother and Father ran out of the cave and saw that the dummy was cut in half. Mother looked at me "Zuri what happened?" Father says "I saw the sword turn red" Leo says "you just did magic" Mother says. "So does that mean that you have to teach her magic?" "Yes" we all look at the cave entrance and see Gerold walking with his dragon head cane. "Zuri can do magic during combat so Revan, you and Tarja have to teach your daughter at the same time" Gerold says "we need time to teach her Zuri's still a kid she needs more time" Mother says "she isn't like Leo, Tarja or me she's a dragon rider and a witch" Father says. Gerold looks at me "do whatever you have to do she has to be strong enough to defeat Jerren" Gerold says.

I watched Gerold walk away. I look at Mother and Father "why do I have to fight Jerren?" I say Father didn't say anything "because neither of us can" Mother says "what if I can't?" Father looks at me "Jerren's my family." Father looks down "someone did something to him that made him evil" Father says. "Do you know what happened?" I say Father looks down shakes his head "I don't know" I look down at the sword in my hands I held it tighter in my hands. I have training to accomplish.

I saw Jerren standing in front me. He had a sword in his hands and I had a sword in my hands "what Revan told you are lies" Jerren says I know what Father told me. Jerren was my uncle, and something happened to him."You want to know what happened to me, right?" "I already know what happened" I say "you disappeared and came back stronger" "you are correct. Since you are Revan's daughter I want to know how your combat is" he swings his sword, I block his hits I swing back at him and Jerren blocks my hits. "Let's see your foot work" I follow what he did we walked in a circle while our swords are still touching. "Not bad I can tell Revan trained you well" then he cuts my arm "but not well enough" he stabbed me.

I wake up. Jerren knows Father is training me. I get dressed in a brown leather armor that Father recommended for me to wear. Zuri what are you doing? I look over and see Shirow is awake. "Jerren knows Father is training me." I say you had a dream? I nodded my head. "I need air" I walk out of the cave to see the wooden dummy broken and Father's sword. I sat down on the soft grass I look up at the night sky. I saw stars lined up making a shape of a dragon. I look at my dragon mark the stars are making the same shape. "The stars are beautiful aren't they?" I hear a voice say I look over my shoulder and see Leo behind me. I nod my head he walks over and sits next to me "can't sleep?" "Jerren knows I'm being trained" I say "I had a dream of him and I fighting then he said Revan trained you well but not well enough" I look up at the sky. Then I thought I saw the stars move "he's here!" Leo says grabbing my arm.

He dragged me inside the cave. "Revan he's here!" I saw Father look at us running to him "who?" He says looking at Leo "Jerren is here!" Father shakes Mother awake "we need to go!" "Where?" Mother says. data-p-id=4a94bc2a54d1d01878c5c3d53bba66fe,We all pack our stuff and I see Gerold walking over with his dragon cane. "Gerold we need to leave!" Father says he shakes his head "we don't" he smiles "you called Jerren here?" Leo says Gerold looks at Leo "King Amir wants all of us dead, and he can kill us while sleeping" "Shirow we need to go" I whisper I know where we can go Shirow says. "We can fight back!" Mother says Gerold shakes his head "I'm the oldest dragon rider but I can no longer fight like you can" Shirow walks over Father, Mother and Leo get on I was about to get on "Zuri" I look at him "Jerren will do anything to track you down and kill you" he says.

I climb on Shirow "let's go" I say then Shirow flies off the ground and flies deeper into the cave it was suddenly dark that I couldn't see anything. "Where are we going?" Jerren expects us to come out of the cave but I know going deeper will lead to another exit. I hear Shirow say. I felt the wind on my face "is that an exit?" I hear Leo say I see the dark sky and some stars in the sky ahead of us then we're outside.