11

Leo led me and Mother to Father standing in front of a tree that isn't dead. It's very well alive with its long tree branches moving. He turned to look at me "do you see this tree?" Father says pointing at the tree with his sword. I look at the tree as it's tree branches move "that is a Willow it's a very dangerous tree. It can be found in the forests of Oswor." "How is that Willow alive?" Leo says "I don't know maybe it survived the fire" Father looked at me "the willow can help you" "how?" I say "am I supposed to fight it?" "Revan!" Mother says "I fought a Willow here before the fire burnt all of them down" he looked at the Willow again moving its branches.

"Revan what caused the fire?" Leo says "there was a battle here" Father says "dragon riders" he looked at Mother and walked away. "Mother what's wrong with Father?" I say she looked at me, didn't say a word and went after him. I watched her go to Father and talk to him. I didn't hear what they were talking about.

I look at the Willow moving. "Do you understand any words?" I say the Willow's branches stopped moving. "Is that a yes?" I look down at my feet "I wish I knew more about my father" suddenly I felt hands grab my shoulders. I look to see Leo dragging me away as the Willow's tree branches came forward and missing us. "That Willow is not friendly" Leo says releasing my shoulders. I look at him "how did you know that was going to happen?" Leo looked at me "I didn't" he says taking out his sword and swinging it in the air.

"Revan wants me to teach you how to use a sword" Leo looks at his sword "why?" I say "I don't know" Leo continues to swing his sword in his hand. "I've been through a lot with Revan but he never talked about his past and how he knows a lot about dragons and war" "or maybe he doesn't want to talk about it" "maybe"

Then I heard my mother and father coming over "Revan she has to know" Mother says "no she does not need to know" Father looks at me and back at Mother "is there something that he's hiding?" I say "I don't know Revan never talked about his dragon" "what did he talk about?" "the dragon mark on our arms and how we should keep them hidden" "why?" "Dragon riders have gone hiding pretending to be normal but I know I can't be normal" Leo looks at him arm. He has it covered with a white cloth. "You should cover your mark" "I don't know how" I say looking down at my brown leather armor from Dragon Tail. Leo takes off the white cloth from his arm. I saw his mark glowing green. "Where's your dragon at?" "I'm guessing she's trying to find me since Jerren attacked Dragon Tail" Leo says.

I look at the sky and see it's getting dark. I guess it's time to rest for today. Leo has taught me a few moves with a sword as Father watched. Mother sat next to him the whole time. I still don't understand what Mother and Father were talking about earlier. What do I have to know or what am I not supposed to know? What is the right question?

I look up at the night sky and see a dark shadow in the sky. "What is that?" I say Leo looks at the sky and sees the dark shadow "Gina!" data-p-id=c600caabbcbb286cd27f3e39a5Leo says he stands on his feet "Zuri this is Gina my dragon" he walks away from the fire and the dragon landed by Shirow. Leo's dragon was green with green eyes. Leo petted his dragon "Leo we have a big day tomorrow!" Father says walking over with his sword in his hand. "But Gina has a place to go" "where?" I say "Jerren's Outpost" "we can't go there it's destroyed!" "Jerren won't look there since the place is destroyed" I look at Father "we'll go there after Leo and your mother train you more" Father says. I lay back down in my sleeping bag and close my eyes.

The next day I was the first one up. Everyone else was still sleeping I pack my things. "Alright let's get going!" I look over and see my father clapping his hands and waking everyone up. I grab my bag and throw it on Shirow's back. I saw Leo getting his stuff on his dragon. I look away from him I can't think about him at the moment. I shake my head da Forbidden Holm is the place I need to focus on getting too.

Shirow and Gina flew off the ground. I looked ahead and saw the island below us. Forbidden Holm it all started here, Shirow saved my life, my father's and Leo's. I see Jerren's​ Outpost the last time I saw this place it was built perfectly out of stone and now it is destroyed with no one around. Both Shirow and Gina landed on the ground "it's great that you're better" Leo says I guess he's talking to his dragon "Zuri we need to continue your training Leo will teach you how to fight with a sword" Mother says. I look over at Leo and his dragon "Leo seems busy" I say "you don't know that" I point where Leo and his dragon are. Mother looks where I'm pointing "you sure about that?" I ran over to the building of Jerren's Outpost. I touched it with my hand then my vision went black.

I saw Jerren and Father talking "Revan you've been a good brother to me training me to be a dragon rider" Jerren says "is something bothering you?" Father says Jerren looked at him "why are we being trained this way is there another way?" Father shakes his head "I'm training you the same way like Gerold trained me" Father smiled. The scene changed and I saw Jerren walking alone in the woods Father wasn't with him. "Jerren you want to be trained another way?" I didn't see who said that "yes" Jerren says.

Then I opened my eyes to find myself standing there with my hand on the wall of Jerren's Outpost. I look around I saw Leo with his dragon and Mother with Shirow. I saw Father coming my way I looked at the wall I removed my hand from the wall "what's up?" Father says I didn't know what to say. "What am I not supposed to know?" I say Father did say anything "I just saw you and Jerren training" Father looked at Jerren's Outpost "what are you hiding?" "Zuri there are things that are meant to be forgotten" he walks away "like your brother?" Father stops walking but didn't look at me. "I know there's stuff you want to know. What happened before the war? Why didn't I do this or that?" I didn't say anything "you won't understand" Father continued to walk away from me.

I look at the building again. Why won't I understand? "Zuri" I look over and saw Mother "do you want to know what your father hiding?" I didn't say anything Mother leans against the building "your father never told you about his side of the family. His mother was a dragon rider and his father killed her" "why?" I say Mother looked down "she was a dragon rider, your father never knew til he got older and was fighting another war before this one" Mother went to walk away "Mother" she looks at me "what was the war before this one?" I heard her whisper but I couldn't hear her clearly and she walked away.

What did she say? I tried to make out what she said but nothing came to mind. I saw Leo petting his dragon's head. What's wrong with me? I put my hand on my forehead. I can't feel this way about him. The feeling in my stomach there's no way I can do this! I told myself in my head. I think I just have to ignore him and try to convince Father to train me with a sword not Leo.