Chapter 2 ✔️

Last Edited: May 29, 2019

Unknown

The creature was small. Fragile. Yet somehow, it was strong enough to lift itself off the ground, thousands of feet higher than any other fleshy.

Flying wasn't for a weak, pathetic human. From what I could tell far away, it was different. A winged human? These creatures continue to surprise me.

"My liege?" The familiar voice came from the comm link.

"Report." I said, irritation lacing my voice.

"We have gathered the relic successfully. Of course, the Autobots interfered, but we retrieved the relic unharmed, as you requested. With a few scratches to my paint job, I might add..." he mumbled the last part, and I rolled my optics.

"Spare me the dramatics, Knockout." I snapped, glancing back at the small human flying far away.

"But, since you have successfully retrieved the relic as I asked, you will be rewarded. How would you like another test subject to experiment on?"

There was silence, then a dark chuckle. "Of course. Who's the lucky rat?"

I grinned. "You will soon find out. Have Soundwave send a ground bridge to my coordinates, and prepare your laboratory, doctor- we have a rat to catch."

This creature had piqued my interest, that was for sure. What kind of human have wings and an energon signal?

Soon, I would find out.

Hope

I made my way down the sidewalk with a slight limp. I had another encounter with Macen this morning, twisting my ankle while being slammed against the wall after trying to sneak past him for school.

Not that I need to worry about it much. My wounds healed rather quickly. Another great thing about my bird DNA, if that's what it was even called.

A normal sprained ankle that would normally take a few weeks to heal heals in a matter of days. The bruises, strangely, took longer to heal.

A chilling breeze blew past, making me zip up my leather jacket. I decided to wear skinny jeans, light brown flats, and a white, floral lace shirt.

Of course, the beautiful shirt had to have two giant cuts in the back to let my wings free. The main reason I always wore a jacket. Didn't need others asking about the cuts. Or the wings.

Shivering from the cold, I limped quickly to my school, not wanting to be late. The bell rang right as I reach the high school.

"Thank God..." I muttered before giving a long yawn and limping up the steps. Just as I reached the top of the stairs, something to my right moved.

Startled, I twisted around. A hand clamped over my mouth while an arm wrapped around my middle. Before I could even scream, the person pulled me towards the wall and slammed me into it.

Letting out a startled yelp, I brought up both hands in a poor attempt to protect myself. The person growled at my struggling before grabbing my wrists and forcing them to my sides.

"Hello, pest. How ya been?" The person sneered. I forced myself to look up, only to find one of the school bullies, Vince, glaring down at me. I automatically looked down at my shoes, wanting to shrink.

There is a punch to my gut, making me double over. "Freak." He muttered, pulling me back up as I slumped over. Then there was laughter, and I looked over to my right to find a few of his cronies standing and watching.