Chapter 25 ✔️

Last Edited: June 26, 2019

Starscream

"Must we keep an insect with us on this ship?" I questioned. "Humans are weak insects who-"

"ENOUGH!" Megatron slammed his servos onto his throne before standing and clasping them tightly behind his back. "The human is a major asset to our cause, and is more powerful than you could ever imagine. You, Starscream, are the insect. And if you ever question my authority again, you will perish and Soundwave will take your place as my second in command. Now go tend to my beast."

"Yes, Lord Megatron." I bowed slightly, my optics glaring at the ground before I left the room. As I passed, Lockdown walked by with a smirk on his face platings. Fragging bounty hunter. Shaking my helm, I left the throne room and made my way to the beasts quarters.

Before I entered, I took hold of an electrical rod and held it in front of me, ready for a brutal attack. The beast never listened to me, let alone allowed me to get near it. Much to my surprise, Shockwave stood with one hand clasped behind his back, the other petting the predicon's head. It purred at the gesture, shaking its tail and flapping its wings twice before settling down again and crouching to give Shockwave better access.

I clenched my denta as it's head turned to me, its yellow optics immediately darkening and a growl reaching its throat. Shockwave took little notice of me, sticking something into the Predacons leg before pulling it back out and studying it.

"Another experiment?" I questioned as I hesitantly made my way forward. Shockwave merely nodded, still studying what I now recognized to be a syringe with the predicon's energon sitting inside. The predacon stood still rather than attacking me, knowing Shockwave was present, but still narrowed its optics at me and making a low hiss.

"Yes. The human sparkling will require it's CNA." He said simply, placing the syringe in his chamber before turning to me fully. I cringed.

"How can you expect a weak human to end this war? Fleshies are weak and fragile. I believe it is impractical to keep her aboard this ship."

"That is illogical." Shockwave tilted his helm to one side, his one optic staring at me. "I created the femme specifically for this purpose. Though, she requires some tweaking to take her to her full potential. The human is anything but weak. Do you question my ability to bring victory to us and our kind?"

Though his voice kept steady there was a threat in his tone.

Yes. "Not at all, Shockwave. It is just hard to believe a human as small and fragile as her can do anything."

"Your assumption is logical." Shockwave placed a hand on the Predacon once more and it began purring again. I held back my look of disgust and stepped forward to where I could reach out and touch the beast.

"Energon." I said flatly to the beast, placing the energon cube I had brought with me next to it. Shockwave stepped away.

"I am needed by Lord Megatron." he stated before turning and leaving. Immediately, I pointed the electrical rod at the beast.

"I think you have had enough time out in the open, beast." I sneered. "You must go back into your cage now." I jabbed the rod into its side and it roared, swinging its tail at my head. I yelped and ducked, taking another jab at it. A red light rose from the bottom of its neck to its mouth, and fire spit out, making me scream in terror.

With a satisfied grunt, it picked up the energon cube with its mouth and turned, entering its cage. I roared in frustration before feeling my helm. A burning sensation took place, and I suddenly realized it was on fire.