Chapter 11 ✔️

Last Edited June 16, 2019

Wheeljack

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" he grumbled. I smirked as I leaned against the wall.

"Come on Doc, all I'm asking for is a groundbridge to Hope's school." Hope had wanted to go to school, claiming she would have nothing to do here. Not that I blamed her for complaining. I was always out traveling the galaxy. And since I was on this rock of a planet, I was usually out exploring. Never sitting in one place.

"I think it best for her to rest with her injuries." Ratchet stated simply as Hope's small form walked in. She yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm fine, Ratchet." she pointed towards her neck, which was practically healed. "I heal fast. I guess it comes with the wings." She smiled at him, her blonde hair swaying as she shook her head. "No need to worry. Wheeljack will take care of me." She turned to me, and I nodded.

"Come on Ratchet," I said, using his real designation. Ratchet sighed, his holoform suddenly appearing next to Hope as he began to examine her. After a few minutes of him poking and prodding her, he finally sighed.

"I don't understand how a human can heal so fast." he muttered before his holoform disappeared and his Cybertronian form turned to me. "Fine. But she will require the materials necessary for her teaching."

Hope froze. "I-it's back at the orphanage. My backpack and stuff."

She huffed in frustration. I smiled down at her as I transformed, opening my door. She hesitated before climbing in. Ratchet activated the groundbrige and rolled forward slowly. I parked at the front of the old run down brick building. Hope trembled inside me, and I activated my holoform.

"Stay here. You don't have to go in." I said softly to her. She nodded quickly, obviously happy to know she didn't have to follow me inside. I opened my door but stopped when I felt a small hand on my wrist.

"Um, could you get me something else as well?" she asked shyly. I nodded and she continued, "A small box on my dresser in my room. I have some valuables in it I can't leave behind." I nodded in understanding. She thanked me softly before I closed the door and pulled my katanas out, ready for any possible threat.

The front door opened with a squeak, as I peered in. Everything was silent. The lights were off, but the sunshine that leaked through the curtains and into the living room I was standing in seemed to brighten everything up. I grimaced as I noticed glass everywhere. The walls had peeling paint, and the flooring had nails sticking up, just asking some fleshy to step on them.

How could someone live like this? It was disgusting. The blade of my katana seemed to split the air, making noise as I turned, surveying the room for any possible danger. Nothing. Not wanting to waste any time, I hurried upstairs to Hope's room. The room I had left the flesh bag Macen in the night before.

Now, he was nowhere in sight. I noticed the backpack immediately, sitting in the corner of the room with a few dirty clothes surrounding it. Grabbing it, I slung it over my shoulder before making my way over to the tall wooden piece of furniture which I guessed was the dresser.