Chapter 7 ✔️

Last Edited: May 31, 2019

Hope

I didn't scream. For once, I felt a sudden calm come upon me. This was where I belong. In the air, with the wind pushing through my feathers. But at the moment, I was trapped in the right embrace of a robot as we fell to our death. Unable to move.

I struggled in his grip, trying to get free so I could at least let my wings free. But before I could do so, a giant swirling mass appeared right below us. The robot groaned.

"Hold on! We're coming in hard!"

We fell into the portal and then hit the ground hard. If I had been screaming, I would have bitten my tongue off. I groaned as everything around me started spinning. Questions filled my head. We'd been falling straight down, then landed on our side upon impact.

"You okay kid?"

Shaking my head, I moaned again and flew off of him, landing on the ground and throwing up. He chuckled. "I'll take that as a no. We need Ratchet to look you over."

"Wheeljack! You rescued the human on your own!?" A voice shouted. I winced. "That was the stupidest thing you could have done!" A small blue robot hurried forward, a stern look over its face.

"Jackie did it all on his own! You wrecking ball!" A green robot laughed and came forward, hugging Wheeljack.

"Bulkhead! Is he back yet!? I heard a crash!" I turned my head to find a small boy standing on this high platform with a couch and TV. I shook my head. He definitely looked familiar. Another boy with black hair came from behind him.

"You?" I asked weakly, managing to sit up. It was Jack Darby, from school. And the other boys name was pulling at my mind, but I just couldn't think straight.

"Raf! What's the hubbub?" A girl walked in, talking to the first boy. Raf? That was his name! I heard a small gasp as I glanced up at her. MIKO?

"H-hope?" She froze at the sight of me.

"Don't crowd the femme, she is most likely injured. I need to look her over." An orange and white robot hurried over, bending slightly, and gently picked me up.

"See doc? I said I could do it."

"Don't call me Doc!" The 'doc' robot growled before gently placing me on a human-sized examination table. Suddenly, a man appeared from nowhere to my right. I squeaked in surprise and attempted to get away.

His hand gently grabbed my arm, stopping me in my tracks. "We aren't going to hurt you, Hope." He said gently, taking out a scanner similar to the one Knockout had used. "We just want to help."

"W-who are you?" Aliens? I winced as the 'Doc' placed a stitch into my forehead.

"We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron. Also known as Autobots." I turned my head, but not without the nagging of the 'doc' robot who was trying to place another stitch onto my forehead.

A large blue and red robot was standing right next to me. He smiled warmly. I took in a shaky breath. "Why are you here?" I questioned.

"To kick the cons can!" The green robot shouted before slapping the white ones hand. The man beside me gave the two a deadly glare that made me squirm.

"Decepticons. They have brought war upon our home planet, Cybertron, which led to its destruction eons ago. Now they are on your planet, searching for energon."

I began to shift uncomfortably again. "What is energon?"

"It's like our blood," Raf explained, taking the time to push up his wide rectangular glasses, "only, it's blue."

I nodded in understanding before turning my attention back to the tall blue and red robot. "They wish to conquer your planet and take control of its energon mines."

"Among other things." The small blue robot grunted.

"T-they are the ones who kidnapped me, to begin with," I whispered, shaking. 'Doc' bot placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"You have nothing to worry about." He assured me. I winced at a sudden pain in my right wing. It probably popped back out of the socket during the fall.

"Um... can you..." I drew in a deep, shaky breath before extending my wings. The man beside me stumbled back, alarm written all over his face, and then disappeared. The orange robot began moving again, its eyes wide as it bent over my small form.

" I apologize. Do you need medical attention for your-"

"Wings!" The three other humans shouted at the same time. Miko had been silent before, her eyes wide with wonder, but not now. Her mouth was shaped in an o as she rushed over to my side.

"I'm so glad you're okay! Why didn't you tell me!?" Her hand reached towards one of my wings. I pulled away from her, embarrassed at the attention.

"I-I thought you would make fun of me... that's what everyone seems to do." Tears gathered in my eyes and I rubbed my face with the back of my hand. Miko's arms wrapped around me as she squeezed me in a giant hug.

"Not one person is the same as another. Everyone is unique in their own way, and no one should ever tell you otherwise."

Miko grinned and punched my shoulder lightly. "Besides, you can fly! How cool is that!?" She paused, placing a hand to her chin before looking at me in suspicion. "You can fly right?"

"She can't with her appendage like this. Hold her hand if you have to." The small human form of the orange and white robot was suddenly beside me again, and before I could even ask what he was doing, I felt my wing bone snap back into place once again.

I let out a small scream but I could barely feel the pain after Miko continued to hug me. I could feel her hands run against my good wing, and her hand drew back. A feather was between two of her fingers, and she grinned.

"You, my friend, are incredible."

My face warmed up at the attention and the fact she once again called me "friend". With a small grin of my own, I finally hugged her back.

"Thanks."