Back to the Start

The 'heroes ' have just landed in the Kanto region,Palette City."Oh Ash!There you are!"Yelled Delia,running towards the group as they exited the airport."Mom!"Ash yelled,and hugged his mom."Now Ash,tell me did you-"His mom started,but Ash interrupted her and said,"Of course I did!Mom,I'd like you to meet Serena and Bonnie,they'll be traveling with me."His mom looked confused,considering that he had already told all of this over the phone last night,but nodded.Serena and Bonnie said polite hello's,and the gang along with Delia left the airport.

(When they reach home)

Serena and Ash were helping Delia to wash up the dishes and Bonnie was petting Pikachu's tail."So Serena,how is your mother?"Said Delia,asking the question every mother asks."She's doing fine,I guess."Serena said,with a smile.Ash was washing a dish very slowly,which caused both Delia and Serena to get impatient."If you don't want to do the dishes then don't,but at least don't slow down the work!"Delia said."Huh?Dish?What dish?Oh.Sorry."Ash said,in a very confused tone,and started to scrub the dish quickly."Ash,are you alright?"Serena asked,in a tone of genuine worry."Yeah,I guess.I was just thinking about how I will get that heart.I mean,there are loads of strange objects in the Kanto.And also,Kanto is humongous!How and where in arceus will I find that heart?"Ash said."Um,won't Professor Oak know?"Serena said,not understanding why Ash was so worried."Oh yeah.Hehehe,of course he would."Ash said,blushing slightly,causing Delia and Serena to give him a look we give to people who we think are weird.Ash quickly wiped his hands and said,"Well,What are we waiting for!"gesturing Bonnie and Serena to follow him."Serena sighed and Bonnie sprang to her feet.

(At the lab)

"Ash!Its so good to see you,hope you are doing good."Ash nodded and said,"Um professor,I just got to know that I have to get some weird heart thingy form every region in order to take part in the Yugen league.So,could you tell me how to get those things?"He said this while scratching the back of his head with a sheepish smile."Of course.You see,the heart is made when 14 diamond shaped shards are collected.There are several people around the Kanto region.Without you knowing it,you will help those people and show the bond between you,and your Pokemon.If you are able to pass their test,the person will give you the shard.In order to earn theses shards,you might have to battle the person,or help the person out of a sticky situation,and other things.When you have collected all of these,a heart,the color of blue,will form and that is what you have to collect.The heart will float around you and your Pokemon,and then turn in to a badge.You need this heart in order to compete in the Special Kanto League."The professor said.Ash then asked,"Special Kanto League?""You didn't know about that?Oh of course you didn't,Ash."Said Gary appearing out of the blue."Gary!"Ash said,grinding his teeth."Thats me.Anyway,the Special Kanto League is a league which occurs every once an year for those who have started their journey again due to the Yugen league.The rules are the same as in the original league."Gary said,with a smirk."Gary,Ash,why don't you have a battle?You both are extremely good.It would be quite a treat to see you both battle."Ash said in an angry tone,"Of course."Gary nodded and said,"A two on two battle?"Ash nodded and looked towards the professor and said,"Professor,I would like to use Greninja in this battle.Could I please have his pokeball?"The professor nodded and went into the room where the poke balls were kept and came out with Greninja's pokeball.Ash took it from him and clutched it,holding it to his chest.

Flashback

"Greninja,Greninja!Can you hear me buddy,wake up!"Ash said,shaking Greninja.Greninja woke up and looked at Ash.Ash had found him in the forest of the Alola region,fainted.He had got him to the Pokemon center.Greninja had just come out of the operation room."What happened?"Ash said.Greninja tried to act it out,and Ash understood."So,the work at Kalos was done and you had come searching for me.You hadn't eaten much and were worn out,and got engaged in a battle?Thats it,right?"Greninja nodded."Sorry,Greninja,but I really can't take you with me on my journey through Alola.You need a long rest.Ill send you to Professor Oak's lab,We'll be together soon,okay?"Greninja looked sad but nodded.