The Climb to the Mountain of Success

The gang had stopped in the forest to take a break.Of course,for Ash,this wasn't a break,it was training time.In fact,he was already running in between the trees with Greninja and Pikachu.Brock and Bonnie were making lunch,talking about electric types.Serena was practicing for her showcase,which was not very far away.
"Stop Grneinja,Pikachu.I'm tired."Ash said stopping and holding his sides.Pikachu and Greninja sigh.Suddenly,Greninja's face lightens up and he taps Ash on his shoulder.Ash looks up and sees Greninja running in front of him,flapping his arms behind him."I'm not a bird.Thats why I can't be as fast as one."Ash says,causing Greninja to stop running and fall anime style.Greninja walks towards Pikachu.There was a brief conversation between both of them,and ended with Pikachu nodding.Pikachu pointed at his fore legs,and stood up and tried to run on his hind legs.His hands were behind him,trying to run the same way as Greninja.Ash looks confused,but then exclaims,"Now I get it.You want me to run the same way Greninja runs,with his hand behind him?"Greninja and Pikachu nod and sigh."Well,what are we waiting for?"And he starts running the same way Greninja does."This definitely makes it a lot easier."Greninja nodded."FOOD IS READY!"Ash hears Brock yelling."Food!?"Ash yells happily.This distracts him,and before Greninja or Pikachu could warn him,Ahs bumps head first into a tree."That hurt."Ash said,causing Greninja and and Pikachu to fall anime style."Oh,I almost forgot!Brock said Food is ready!"And starts running in such incredible speed towards the clearing,that for a moment,Greninja started to doubt his own speed.
(While eating)
"Hey Ash,isn't this the Greninja you used in the Kalos league?"Brock said,to which Ash nodded."Could we have a battle?"Brock said.Ash nodded again.Serena and Bonnie looked at each other and giggled.They invited to Brock to their conversation as well,and when Brock heard what they were saying even he chuckled.It was then when Ash noticed that everyone was laughing."Whats up you guys?"Brock was just about to say something,when they heard an cracked voice say behind them,"Help me,please."Ash and the others turned towards the voice.Their was an old man standing there.He looked about 60,but had unusually broad shoulders and was very tall and fit for his age."What happened sir?"Ash asked."My Eevee!A man took it away.I know where the man is hiding though.Can you help me?"The old man said."Oh.Sure!"Ash says."By any chance,is any one of you taking part in the Special Kanto League?"The man asked."I am.Unfortunately,I don't have a shard yet.But forget that,where is the man hiding?"The old man smiled and said,"There is a mountain not far from here.It has many caves which are famous for ghost and dark type pokemon.I saw the man run to the top most cave.""Then what are we waiting for!Lets go guys!"Ash said,only to be stopped by the man,who said,"Only one of you must go.It is a difficult climb.I'd suggest the young man taking part in the special league should go.Also,it is not possible to climb the mountain alone.We live in harmony with Pokemon for various reasons.And one of them is taking the help of their strength.That is why,you must use your Pokemon to help you climb the mountain."Ash nodded and waved to his friends,and started running forward.But,both of his Pokemon stayed behind,knowing he would come back again."Uh Serena.I forgot to ask you.Do you know which way the mountain is."Ash said,turning and walking towards Serena."I thought you'd ask that."Serena said,and showed Ash the way,with the help of the poke-nav.
(At the foot of the Mountain)
"Here we are guys.Lets climb this up,get the Eevee back,and get back down."Ash said.Greninja rolled his eyes but nodded.Ash started to climb the mountain,only to start sliding back down.He tried again,with his Pokemon watching him,waiting for Ash's brain to start working again."Now I remember!The man said I have to use my Pokemon to climb this not very high mountain!"Ash said.Greninja and Pikachu sighed happily."Greninja,you and Piakchu will go up,since it shouldn't be difficult for the two of you.Once you find a rock sticking out or something on which I could stand,you stand on it,and pull me up.Easy?"Ash said.Greninja and Pikachu nodded and carried out his plan with grace.Ash was almost at the top.He,Pikachu and Greninja were standing on a piece of rock which was sticking out considerably.As Greninja started climbing again with Pikachu by his side,Pikachu slipped.He started falling down and Greninja could do nothing,since he was in a position where he couldn't use his rope-like tongue.Pikachu whizzed right past Ash.Ash jumped from the 'platform'which he was standing on and jumped."I'm coming Pikachu!"He yelled.He caught Pikachu and turned,so his back would face the ground,and the damage which was to be taken,He would take it,not Pikachu.By this time,Greninja had hopped to the platform Ash was previously standing on and had brought out his tongue,saving Ash and Pikachu and pulling them both up."That was close.Thanks Greninja."Ash said.Greninja nodded.Ash motioned for Greninja to start climbing again.He climbed and reached to the top,and then pulled Ash and pikachu(who was sitting on Ash's shoulder)up."We made it!And now let's get the Eevee!"Ash cheered.The saw the cave and entered it.Ash saw the Eevee in a cage,kept on a rock.Ash started running behind it,when a voice caught him and said,"Not so fast.You have to battle Gyrados and me to get that Eevee."Ash turned and saw a tall man."Fine!But if I win,you let Eevee go.And if you win,I go back from here empty-handed."Ash said,with fire in his eyes.