Chapter 3

I regained my consciousness and winced with every bump we hit. Wait where was I? I opened my eyes and saw the face of the Na'vi Neytiri was arguing with earlier. He was cradling me while we we're riding a horse like creature. I need Jake. I opened my mouth to yell for him but nothing came out.

"Don't try to speak. It'll make the pain worse."

I closed my mouth again trying not to focus on the pain instead wondering how him and Neytiri knew how to speak English so well. We hit another rough patch of ground and the pain became so unbearable I once again blacked out.

I woke up again. This time it took me a few minutes to open my eyes so I just laid there. I finally opened my eyes and saw I was in a room made of all wood and there was a curtain made of leaves covering a big opening. I tried to sit up but the pain even though not as bad as before still stopped me and I laid back down. I looked down at my abdomen and saw I had some sort of cloth almost like a bandage wrapped around me. I was gonna yell for someone when I heard voices outside. I saw Jake, Neytiri and the Na'vi that brought me here walk in. Jake kneeled beside the stone slab I was lying on and held my hand.

"(Y/n) I'm so happy you're awake. You scared me. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Jake. I'm a soldier remember? Anyways where are we?"

"A place called Hometree. It's where the Omaticaya clan lives. They brought us here and while they worked on you I met their clan leader Eytukan and the clan Tsahìk. They're Neytiris mother and father."

He motioned towards Neytiris direction. I knew who she was from the forest but haven't formally met her.

"This is Neytiri."

She stepped forward and kneeled next to Jake.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Neytiri."

"I'm (Y/n). Nice to meet you too. Thank you for helping me."

She nodded and smiled then Jake told me that the clan leader wants us to stay with them and that Neytiri and someone named Tsu'tey will be teaching us the ways of the Omaticaya.

"Neytiri will be teaching me and Tsu'tey will be teaching you."

Tsu'tey walked over to me but stayed standing. He was stoic with a straight face. He had jewelry and feathers in his hair which I remember Grace telling me the more jewelery they wear the higher they are in the clan. He was thin with a lot of muscle and for being a different species was actually really good looking.

"I'm Tsu'tey and I will be your teacher. We'll start your lessons once you're healed but until then you're too weak to do anything so Mo'at has ordered you to stay here and rest."

"I'm (Y/n) and I look forward to learning your ways."

He nodded at me then walked out. Neytiri looked at me apologetic.

"I'm sorry about Tsu'tey. He's like that with almost everyone. Always so serious. Well I'll leave you to rest. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

She walked out leaving just Jake and I. We sat in silence for a few minutes till Jake spoke up.

"You know you really scared me. I thought I was losing another person I cared about. You were the first person to be nice to me here and we have things in common. Even though I've only known you for 2 days I care about you a lot and am very happy to have you as a friend.

I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Thank you Jake. That means a lot to me. After I lost (Your sisters name) I didn't think I would let myself care about someone in any way for awhile but I let myself care about you. You're my best friend Jake. Thank you for being mine."

He smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Well I'll leave you to rest. I start my training tomorrow but I'll visit when I can. I'll see you back at base."

"See you back at base."

I watched Jake walk out then got lost in my own thoughts. Jake's right. If my Avatar died they would have no more use for me and would send me back home. I would lose Jake and this planet and this new life I started. That's one thing I'm never going to let happen.