Chapter 7

It's been about 2 months since I first got to Home tree. I've only been training for about a month but Tsu'tey says that I'm doing really good and have accomplished so much in that short amount of time. He says I'm ready to be taken out to see if I can make a clean kill. If I can I will then be ready to do my Iknimaya and become one of the people. He's taking me out tomorrow so today he told me to rest up and get ready for it so I found Jake and Neytiri doing the same thing by a pond near Hometree. I walked up behind them and they turned around.

"Hey Y/N. What are you doing?"

"Nothing much. Enjoying your day off?"

"Yea. I have to do the clean kill hunt tomorrow."

"Yea me to. Can I join you two?"

They both nodded with smiles on their faces. For a while we just sat staring at the pond relaxed. I wanted to get in and do something fun so I asked Jake and Netiri if they wanted to then we all jumped in and started splashing each other. Netiri and Jake were a little ways away from me messing around. I was floating on top of the water basking in the cool when I felt something pull me under the water. When I resurfaced I saw Jake and Neytiri laughing then turned around and saw Tsu'tey laughing doubled over holding his stomach. I splashed him with water and he just laughed even more. When he was done laughing he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead against mine.
"I really hope I pass the hunt tomorrow. I want to do my Iknimaya so bad so we can become mates".

I said smiling at him.

"Don't worry you will and I'll be there with you. I can't wait any longer to become what we are supposed to be. To go through the rest of my life knowing I have you" he said smiling at me.

For the next few hours the 4 of us messed around in the water, relaxing without a care in the world. When we all got out of the water we all laid down on the shore, Netiri on the left side of Jake, me on the other and Tsu'tey on my right.  We stayed like that for a while just soaking in the sun until it became night time and the forest lit up with unbelievable beauty.

At last meal I sat with Jake, Netiri, Tsu'tey, Mo'at, and Eytukan. Jake and I kept making everyone laugh. Mo'at kept looking at Tsu'tey and I with a smile like she does with Jake and Netiri until it was time to go to bed.