Chapter 4

It's been 2 weeks since I first came to Hometree and Neytiri and Jake visit me every once in a while to tell me all the things Jake's being taught. Jake gets so happy every time he tells me about his training. I can't wait to start mine. Tsu'tey will be teaching me the same things Neytiri is teaching Jake. Hunting, riding a Pa'li, their language, culture, history, and clans as well as respecting the forest and the different plants and animals. Since my Avatar body is wounded and healing I've been spending more time in my human body getting taught by Grace only linking to my Avatar body in the morning to eat, in the afternoon for Mo'at to treat my wound, and in the evening to eat again. Tsu'tey is tasked with bringing me my food so he sits and eats his own food with me. He doesn't say much even when I try striking up a conversation. Besides Tsu'tey, Jake, and Neytiri my only other visitor is Mo'at to change and look at my wound like now. She unwrapped the bandage and looked at it with a pleased expression.

"Your wound is healing nicely. You'll be able to start your lessons with Tsu'tey soon."

"Finally. Even though I've come to really like Grace I'm still eager to start my lessons."

"Tsu'tey is one of the best hunters in our clan. You will learn much from him."

"Speaking of Tsu'tey. Why is he always so serious?"

"He will be the next Olo'eyktan. He has spent his life becoming the best hunter and leader he can in preparation for becoming clan leader. This left little time for much else."

"His life is already planned then?"

"Yes. He will be Olo'eyktan and will mate with my daughter Neytiri. She will take my duty as Tsahìk when the time comes for them both to take over as clan leaders."

I didn't say anything else and just let Mo'at continue with her work. When she was done redressing my wound and giving me some herbal concoction she made for the pain I transferred back to my human body. I got out of the link bed and looked for Grace. She was working at a computer near my link bed.

"I'm back."

"How's your Avatar?"

"Mo'at said I'm healing up nicely and I'll be able to start my lessons soon."

"Good. I forgot to tell you to pack your stuff. We're moving to a more secluded location in the Hallelujah Mountains. Site 26."

"The Hallelujah Mountains?"

"Yea. You'll love them. They're magnificent."

"Why are we moving?"

"I just want a more private location for us to work out of."

I knew she wasn't completely telling the truth but I didn't say anything more. Hours later we were packed and Trudy was flying us through the Hallelujah Mountains. Grace was right. They are magnificent. Mountains floating in the sky on their own. I looked at Jake and Norm and saw their mouths hanging open. Trudy and I chuckled at their reactions. We landed at site 26 not long after. By the time I unpacked my stuff it was evening. I got in my assigned link bed and transferred back into my Avatar. I opened my eyes and sat up just when Tsu'tey walked in with our food.

"Good you're awake."

I just nodded and he handed me my food. We were in the middle of our meals when he suddenly spoke up surprising me since I've been trying to talk to him for weeks but he would never respond.

"I'm sorry for how I've been towards you."

"What do you mean?"

"For 2 weeks every time I bring you food you try to talk to me and I just don't respond. I usually hate your kind. Sky demons we call you. I hate all the destruction and death you sky demons bring but ever since I've met you, you've been nothing but nice to me and I see that you are not like the other sky demons. You are kind and decent and willing to learn our ways and become one of us. I am sorry for the way I have been treating you."