two

a;n

I usually update every Thursday (nzst) but I felt like I wanted to write a bridge chapter, also isn't more updates a good thing?  also, digging the new cover?? I know yoongi is the blind one but symbolism, people ✨

sorry if this chapter is shit  :// 

- silkcity

Namjoon woke abruptly in a cold sweat. He sat up, the cool air hitting his sweaty bare chest. the neon red digits glared out of the alarm clock at him.

2:46am

Just as he had suspected, Seokjin wasn't there. His area of the bed was faintly warm and the bedsheets on his side were thrown carelessly back. The bedroom door was firmly shut and the hallway light was off but there was a timid crack of light shining from underneath the door.

Namjoon's footsteps echoed as he shuffled awkwardly down the hallway until he made it to the bathroom. He was met with the broad shoulders he had known for so long, hunched over the sink.

"Oh, Jin." Namjoon sighed, his tense arms falling limp at his sides. 

Seokjin pulled his face from his hands, his eyes furiously red. He opened his mouth to say something but his trembling lips wouldn't allow the words to escape. Seokjin didn't even need to say the words, Namjoon knew. Seokjin collapsed in his arms, flooding the crook of Namjoon's neck with a salty flood of tears. 

Namjoon swiped a calloused finger over his own tear stained cheeks, his jaw firmly clenched in an effort to stop the steady flow of tears. His white knuckles gripped Seokjin's trembling frame tighter, his own body shaking just as hard. Something strong welled up inside him,

Rage.

This wasn't happening. This wasn't happening to his best friends. Taehyung was going to jump out of the corner and yell 'surprise!' and Yoongi would come out, hands intertwined with Jimin's as they laughed at Seokjin and Namjoon. Everyone would be laughing. Namjoon would tell him it wasn't funny but there would be a smirk on his face. The tears would stop. The shaking would stop. Everything would stop.

This wasn't real

Thoughts raced through his mind as he let go of Seokjin, his chest rising and falling rapidly. He'd never been so fucking angry in his whole life. He tugged at his blonde hair, he wanted to scream, he wanted to murder whatever God had caused this to happen.

"Joonie, no!" Seokjin hoarsely screamed as Namjoon's fist collided with the bathroom mirror. Broken glass rippled out in the wooden frame, shards sinking into the flesh between his knuckles.

Namjoon couldn't take it any longer, tears streaming freely down his flushed cheeks. Warm blood trickled down his wrist, holding Seokjin as his knees buckled. Seokjin shook with sobs but eventually, the tears dried and the air became cool again, yet the trembling stayed.