sixteen

a;n 

thank you all so so so sooooo much for 2K! it means so much to me and i love every single one of you! i hope you enjoyed this story and the many many more stories to come!

- silkcity

Yoongi woke in a pool of cold sweat. 

"Yoongi, are you alright?" Min-Ji scurried in, hitting a few buttons on the machine attached to Yoongi. The familiar beeps were like a mother's lullaby now, comforting and familiar.

Yoongi's chest heaved while the beeps and whirrs of the machine next to him picked up speed. As if a child playing the lullaby-like melody he had grown used to was winding it up erratically. 

"Bandages. P-please."

Min-Ji nodded and came back into the room and Yoongi knew she was equipped with a cool wet flannel. Her fingers were slightly moist and cool and soothed Yoongi's raging wounds as she snipped away with little scissors at the bandages to expose the stitched up incisions. The feeling of the cool wet hand towel against his eyes made a breathless sigh dance past his lips.

"Your stitches haven't hurt for a couple days... what happened?" Min-Ji whispered, patting gently across the blistered skin. 

"I had a nightmare," Yoongi said, his heart skipping a beat as he recounted the dream.

Blood.

Smoke.

Vanilla. 

Jimin. 

Yoongi abruptly sat up, immediately regretting it as searing pain raged through his abdomen. "Jimin- where's he- I need to-" He hissed through quiet grunts of pain. 

"Yoongi, you need to lie back." Min-Ji threw the wet towel to the end of the bed as one of her hands reached behind his back while the other supported him from his chest. 

Yoongi shook his head furiously, "No, no, no! I need to see Jimin. I need him!"

"Look, Yoongi." Min-Ji cooed in that voice. That voice that was soothing and motherly, that voice she switched to just before she said something like 'oh, Jimin's fine' or 'please calm down Yoongi'. 

Yoongi began to sob, the frown growing on his face pulled and contorted his stitches until they were painfully taut. "Please. I want Jimin."

"Oh, Yoongi." Min-Ji sighed. While Yoongi couldn't see her face, the slight crackle in her voice hinted that she too was upset. "Jimin is just fine. He's in physical rehabilitation, just like you. He wants to see you too. He misses you very very much."

"He said that?" Yoongi took in a shaky breath. 

"Yes, he did." Min-Ji cleared her throat. "Now please, for both you and Jimin's sakes, try to relax and I'll gently lower you back."

"O-okay." Yoongi let out a deep sigh and relaxed his face. Immediately, the burning sensation let the stitches on his eyes.

Min-Ji opened a drawer and began re-bandaging his healing wounds. Yoongi revelled in the sensation of the gentle tips of her fingers grazing against the blistered skin. "Soon you'll be able to open your eyes, once the stitches have healed just a little bit more." Min-Ji secured the bandages with a metal medical clip. "And I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" Yoongi's heart raced in his throat. Maybe I can finally see Jimin. 

"Your friends uh... Namjoon and Seokjin? They're coming to visit tomorrow afternoon, just before the doctor comes to check your stitches."

Yoongi's heart returned to its normal rhythm. "Oh. That's nice."

"I'm going to go now, I'll be back in an hour to give your medication okay?" 

"Okay." Yoongi quickly called out just as Min-Ji was leaving the room, "Wait! Can you switch the radio on."

Min-Ji gave Yoongi a gentle smile that he couldn't see and flicked the radio on. Familiar tunes filled the room and soon Yoongi felt that warm feeling fluttering in his chest as he drifted in and out of the blissful purgatory between slumber and consciousness.