nine

a;n

don't forget to check the trigger warnings in the bio! you have been warned my d00ds, (and omg 500 reads? bless ya souls)

-silkcity

Hoseok peeled off his scarf, "Fuck, it's cold outside."

"I wouldn't know, I've been cooped up in this room like a dog." Yoongi spat.

Hoseok grinned at his best friends words. Despite all that had happened, Yoongi was still the sarcastic, cheeky little bastard with a tongue like cold steel. "You look like a dog too, when are you going to cut this mop of yours?" He ruffled Yoongi's hair with his skinny long fingers, met with a stinging slap on the hand from Yoongi.

"I don't know, never?" Yoongi twisted the silky strands of hair between his fingertips. It probably was getting too long, the fringe part of his hair was tickling his lash line. "I can't see it anyway, doesn't matter."

A sigh passed Hoseok's pouty lips, "Yoongi, I can't bear to see you like this." His eyes travelled outside to bustling Seoul, waiting so teasingly outside of the morose hospital. "I know this is hard but we all want you to get better. Jimin wants you to get better."

"Oh, so you've talked to him have you?" Yoongi spat, recoiling at his venomous tone of voice.

"Yes, Yoongi and he wants you to both get better." Hoseok sat in the new royal blue visitors seat, hesitantly reaching for Yoongi's hand under the bed sheets. "I know you want to see him, but you know hospital regulations and everything."

"Yeah." He sighed, nibbling on his bottom lip. "I love you, Hobi."

"I love you too, man." Hoseok grinned, gazing into Yoongi's closed eyes even though he knew he couldn't see him back. There was a tiny vibration and suddenly loud obnoxious music was erupting from Hoseok's direction. "Shit, sorry. It's Namjoon, I gotta take this."

"It's fine, tell... him I say hello." Yoongi forced a smile and Hoseok dashed out of the room, already mouthing away to Namjoon before he had even passed the doorway. 

Jimin took a large drag of smoke in, blowing it past his plump pink lips and up past his nose. Yoongi let out a much needed deep sigh, a gentle cloud of grey smoke passing his thin lips as a feeling of calmness pooled in his chest. The early evening sun danced through the dusty windows of his room and onto their faces.

"Come here," Jimin spoke huskily before taking a deeper drag of soothing smoke, his smaller fingers gracing across Yoongi's jaw as their lips connected, the ghosts of their love soaked into the wisps of smoke shared between their mouths.

A warm sensation swirled in the pit of Yoongi's stomach, his heart was beating a thousand times a minute yet a blanket of calmness fell over him. Maybe it was the weed, or maybe it was because Jimin's warm hand had slipped under his shirt, his gentle fingertips grazing tentatively over his soft stomach. 

"Yoongi! Jimin! Dinner is ready!" 

Yoongi stripped his lips away almost knocking himself off his bed, "Yes mum! Jimin, open a window- quick! In case she comes upstairs."

"Alright, Mr Bossy," Jimin smirked with his crinkly-eyed smile. He turned behind him as he pried open Yoongi's bedroom window as far as it would go. "Race you downstairs?"

Yoongi struggled to hide the grin of his own, "You're on."

Dinner was pleasant. Yoongi's mother asked way too many questions about Jimin, as if dinner was an FBI investigation and not... well, dinner.

"Yoongi," his mother said, finishing the last of her bibimbap. "The neighbour's daughter is back from boarding school. She seems very nice, you should go talk to her. She's very pretty, and smart!"

Jimin nearly choked on his rice, he covered his mouth with his hand. Yoongi's mother reached out her hand to soothe Jimin's shoulder, "Are you alright?"

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just- has Yoongi not told you?" Jimin spluttered out one last laugh/cough and glanced up at Yoongi. 

"Yoongi hasn't told me what?" Yoongi's mother gazed bewilderedly at her son. "Yoongi, are you seeing someone?"

Yoongi slowly looked up from his plate of food, suddenly not hungry. Jimin's watery eyes gazed into his sharp ones. Yoongi looked back, stone cold, as if looking away would shatter his heart even more. His tongue pressed hesitantly against the inside of his cheek, "No. I'm not seeing anyone."

Jimin looked down at his empty plate. How naïve could he be? No one wanted to admit they were with someone as lowly and disgusting as him. He knew that. He just thought maybe, Yoongi would be different.