five

a;n

i wrote a lot of this in a tent, on a field with sugaplace trying to read through the tent netting from the outside because i wouldn't let her read it. also, is the story sequencing too confusing? like can you tell the time differences? past, present, future? idk y'all

also the song^ (zealots of stockholm, childish gambino) is good for the angsty vibes near the end (oo, spoiler)

-silkcity

After the first Saturday at Namjoon's, the weekly Saturday hangout session became a tradition within their friend group. It was the third gathering since that first Saturday and the seven of them were sitting on Namjoon's bedroom floor playing Monopoly and let's just say... things had gotten pretty heated.

"Bow down bitches and proceed to get your asses kicked by the Monopoly master!" Hoseok chanted, twerking and thrusting over the Monopoly board- knocking over Yoongi's game piece at the same time.

"Hoseok, watch where you're fucking going!" Yoongi grumbled, snatching his mini Toad action figure that was used as a makeshift Monopoly piece. He looked at the little... creature. It looked so happy with its little white hat with big red polka dots on it.

Hoseok flipped his imaginary long hair dramatically, "I'm sorry, did you say something, Monopoly peasant?" He seized his Princess Peach figurine and whirled it in the air like some prized trophy.

Jungkook threw his Diddy Kong action figure across the room, hitting a framed photo on Namjoon's messy desk. "That game was rigged, I always win!"

"Hey, stop destroying my Mario Kart mini action figures!" Namjoon whined, throwing a dice straight at Jungkook's forehead.

"Yah!"

"You care more about your action figures being broken than the fact he hit our framed photo and probably broke it?" Seokjin asked, who was lying across Namjoon's crossed legs and had given up in the first five minutes of the game.

Namjoon sighed, "Seokjinie." Seokjin grinned at his favourite nickname and settled his head quietly back into Namjoon's lap.

"Hey, Yoongi. You heard Childish Gambino's latest track?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi shook his head, though he was secretly very excited at the thought of one of his favourite artists releasing another song. "No, is it good?"

"Very. Check it out." Hoseok reached into his crumpled backpack and pulled out a CD with 'childish gambino - heartbeat, - from hobi' scrawled in permanent marker. Hobi's handwriting was basically illegible to it was nice of him to (probably illegally) download the track and burn into a CD for Yoongi, especially now that iPods were the most popular way to listen to music. Yoongi was saving up for an iPod but working at a music store didn't pay well and he wasn't even a quarter of the way to getting an iPod.

Taehyung dug his hand into the bag of ready salted chips nestled between his thighs, "All you guys ever talk about is rap."

"And all you ever talk about is J-" Yoongi started before being stopped by Taehyung's large hands over his mouth.

Jimin snickered, "You guys are so mean to each other."

"Not really, Taehyung and I get along very well." Yoongi proclaimed,