twelve

a;n

i love gray. what a man. what a legend.

-silkcity

The gentle hum of the heater filled Jimin's ears as he flipped over the page. Jimin relished these moments. These quiet moments when everything was quiet and still and he didn't have to think about what to say or how to look, he could just exist peacefully- well, until Yoongi interrupted.

"You coming?"

Jimin looked up from his book, "Huh?"

"You coming? I'm off to the studio, thought maybe you'd like to come." Yoongi smiled and straightened his winter coat collar. Jimin smiled, he had bought it for him as a birthday present and though he'd never say it aloud (Yoongi's ego was big enough), he looked good. "Maybe find some inspiration for your next piece?"

"But I'm not even dressed and it's cold outside!" Jimin whined, snuggling further into his fluffy Ryan blanket- courtesy of Namjoon.

Yoongi sighed and sat next to where Jimin's little feet sat, wrapped up in his favourite fluffy bed socks. "It'll be fun and- hey!" he pinched Jimin's fluffy foot, "Isn't this mine?"

"Okay fine, I'll come." Jimin sighed and put down his book, sliding the bookmark between its lightly yellowed pages. "But I'm not getting changed out of my pyjamas."

"That's fine, just put on a hoodie or something. No one's gonna be there or anything," Yoongi cooed and placed a gentle hand on the back of Jimin's head as he kissed his forehead. "You're beautiful regardless."

Yoongi opened up his Twitter, he realised he had been mentioned in a tweet. It was an article written about him, he was surprised that such a big music site would write about him, though he was only a producer, he had produced for some pretty famous groups and solo artists so maybe he had become a celebrity in himself.

PRODUCER SUGA SEEN WITH RUMOURED-TO-BE MALE PARTNER BEFORE RECORDING TRACK FOR RAPPER J-HOPE'S SUPPOSED MIXTAPE

Yoongi snorted and shook his head with a grin, "Wow." He muttered to himself as he read the article.

Though the article was some journalist's attempt at making a story out of quite literally, nothing, Yoongi still felt intrigued to scroll down to the public comments section to see if anyone actually cared about the menial report.

There were over five hundred comments.

"What kind of lazy ass wears pyjama pants in public."

"That faggot is probably just using him."

"You have to be joking, he would not date a person like that."

"Well, at least we know his standards are low."

"Wow, I didn't know it was legal to date whales."

"That man is an atrocity, the sooner he dumps him the better."

"What a fat fucking bitch. Hopefully, he'll dump him and date an idol girl soon."

"He should just die already."

Yoongi switched off his phone and tried his best to calmly put it back on the table, only to slam it on the kitchen bench.

How could people say such horrible things? Yoongi knew that these people were cowards hiding behind keyboards but regardless, how could humans be so cruel to each other? Words were never just words, they carry more meaning than usually intended.

Jimin.

Jimin was mentioned in that Tweet.

Yoongi leapt up from his office chair and rushed down the hall. Jimin was sensitive, especially to comments about his appearance. Yoongi knew this. He only prayed that Jimin hadn't checked his phone as stormed into his and Jimin's bedroom.

Jimin sat slumped over against the sheets, his body curled up like a weeping caterpillar. He rocked gently back and forth against the ivory bedsheets as deep sobs poured from him.

"...Jimin?" Yoongi rushed to Jimin's aid, pulling him away from the bed only to have Jimin slump over onto his side.

Yoongi had never seen someone so distraught. Jimin's face was red and his cheeks glistened with tears. His sobs were not quiet and dainty like they usually were, they were huge ugly sobs of pain and suffering.

"I'm disgusting, Yoongi! I'm repulsive!" Jimin cried out, his voice cracking halfway making Yoongi's chest ache.

"Jimin, listen-" Yoongi cooed, trying to soothe Jimin's back only to have his hand viciously slapped away. His hand still stung from the hit as Jimin screamed out,

"Everyone hates me, Yoongi! They hate me and they don't even know anything about me, what they'll be like when they find out what I'm like? I am disgusting, I knew it all along." Jimin scurried across the sheets, trying to gather any strength to move away from Yoongi. "Get away from me!"

Yoongi's heart thudded in his ears, something about the manic look in Jimin's eyes made his stomach churn and his skin erupt in goosebumps. "Baby... please-"

"Don't 'baby' me! I am not your baby or whatever!" Jimin howled, kicking and screaming like he was possessed. "I'm disgusting!"

Jimin sobbed as he finally gave up, his arms falling to his sides with a gentle thud against the wooden bedroom floor. Jimin's shoulders shook as he pushed out a few exhausted sobs, his body sitting against the bedroom wall like a lifeless ragdoll. A miserable mixture of sweat and tears plastered his dark hair against his forehead, a few salty beads of liquid rolled down his cheeks as the words escaped his trembling lips,

"I hate myself, Yoongi. I hate myself."