New home? Maybe

Mercy's POV
"So mercy is it?" Said the man. "Why where you in the asylum??" "I killed two people." I said grimly. "JUST TWO??" Said the woman as if it what I said strange. "I had managed to kill at least ten before I got put in the asylum." She said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Can I ask something?"  I said fear hidden in my voice. "What do you wanna know" the woman asked. "What are  your names?" "Well I'm Harley and this is joker." "But you can call us mom and dad." Interrupted the joker.

"Ur not my parents." "We are now. "He said. "I grabbed your files mercy you're just an orphan." He said with a menacing  smile on his face. "So what if I'm an orphan." I said with tears in my eyes that threatened to spill. "Hey don't cry" said Harley "you'll love it with us we have a room for you and every thing." "And the room will be all yours unlike the orphanage." "We're here" said the driver. I looked out the window to see the biggest house I've ever seen.

 I looked out the window to see the biggest house I've ever seen

"Well let's go inside" said Harley. I reluctantly got out of the van and walked inside with them. We walked down a loonngg hallway and in to the kitchen

"Where did you people get all the money for this?" I asked

"Where did you people get all the money for this?" I asked. "Well mercy" said the joker. "I work very very very hard to.........steal it all AHAHAHHAHAHAH"
"Ok" I said awkwardly "I'm hungry do you guys have food?""Yeah go check the fridge" said joker. I looked in the fridge but found nothing good so I went to the pantry and I saw my favorite cereal. "Lucky charms yay" "nope that's mine" said joker. "Come on puddin let her eat some just this once." Said Harley. "fine just dont get a big bowl." he grumbled. "K what eves" I said back. I made my bowl and went to the table and sat down they sat with me and just kinda stared. 

"Wanna hear a joke" I said trying to lift the tension. "Sure said Harley." "Ok so I Heard a joke about chocolate bars but it wasn't that funny so I just snickered." I started to laugh at my own joke and to my surprise they joined me. "I have another one" i said still laughing. "What do lawyers wear to court?" "LAWSUITS!" And with that we had all cracked up in to hysterical laughter.

After I finished my cereal they started to walk me to my room and holy shit it has got to be the most childish room I've ever seen

"Well this is it" said Harley "welcome to your new room we'll give you one time alone in your new room."

A/n what did you think of this interaction next chapters are flashbacks