Final fight

Third POV

"What-what the hell?-!" The creature cracked as it thwacked Jacob across the room. It's twisted statue snapping in a bone breaking way. "Jacob!" Mercy shoved herself to Jacob, the creature doing as told through the thoughts of Checkmate. It attacked Mercy. Blood shot from Mercy's head as she tried to wake up Jacob, the hit futile. She coughed, a new shadow of extremely tall stature with dragging arms and jagged teeth, made its way to hurt her. It wrapped its long claws around Mercy's being, lifting her up and throwing her down hard against the wall. "Stop. Get the Quinn." The two entities turned their back at the two unconscious teens and to the horrified woman. "Harley..." Shock filled Harley as she heard the sweet, raspy voice of the infamous Joker. "Pu-Puddin!" Harley jumped to the Joker, but was hit across the chest by the long armed shadow, his dislodged jaw snapping open and closed. "Harley! Dammit you kid!" "Oh shut up, you are almost meeting death at this point." Joker gritted his teeth, he could see them. He was almost dead as she said, so he could see fuzzy shadows"Harley! Behind you! Duck!" Swiftly she listened to what he said, her eyes lacing with his trust. She felt her pigtails be hit from behind. "Jump!" She didn't have enough time to react, but she did her best to get off the ground. Still a clawed hand grabbed her leg and flung her against the wall. Mercy felt the blood trickle down her head, her vision became strangely fuzzy."Get up! Get up!" Mercy tried to process the voice, it so familiar but at the same time so different. Maybe that was because she heard the strange sense of fear and urgency in his voice. With the spiked hind leg of the twisted creature, Harley was impaled at her side. Not enough to kill, but enough to give off extreme pain."Red! Stop!" Mercy threw herself at Check, the attack nocking Check off balance. They grappled, this time more violently, Check's attacks were predictable, while Mercy made them the opposite. She pulled Check's hair one second, and the next bit down hard on her hands that blocked her. Check threw off Mercy and grabbed her while on top of her. "You shouldn't do that. My King." With that sentence done Check raised her chain she received and hit her hard against the face, again, again, and again.Harley desperately tried to save someone, Joker tried to help Harley escape the shadows, and Jacob was unconscious while Frosty was dead. The lights flickered on and off without warning, something was happening. Out of nowhere the sound of a loud rumble was heard, and time seemed to stay still as a car rammed its way into the fight. Batman swooshed out of the car, his cape of darkness making him look all the more intimidating. But the look in his eyes as he pressed though the room with strong armor made it even more scary to go against. Though no one thought Check could feel fear anymore. Her smile grew, and soon she found herself jumping around the room to dodge every single attack that Batman used.The Joker would regret wheat he was about to say, but he wanted out. And he wanted for no one else to die. "Batman! Step backwards!" Not knowing what to do, Batman jumped backwards just to do so, and as he did he felt the wind of an attack. He grabbed his grappling hook and shot it at Check, her body being tied by the rope, and her leg being impaled by the sharp bat. Bruce pulled on it and Check fell with a loud thud. Plants surrounded her form once again as Jacob regained himself. Harley finally being able to run away and help The Joker get out, and Mercy getting back up. But Frosty was still dead so he didn't do anything, he died. With her stuck they attacked the only shadows left and kept them away, but not killing them. "You can't kill a shadow! It follows you and watches you!" Mercy slammed her foot against Check's face. Her laugh still echoing as the lights flickered violently. Not much longer, they popped, and the room was engulfed with darkness, the only light being the dying sun through the broken windows."This was my home, this is where it started. And now this is where it will end. And you all should know the saying, if you want something done." She giggled evilly in the darkness. "You do it yourself." Pops and cracks came from Red's form, her body being engulfed by the darkness, embracing the hell. She grew tendrils on her back made of shadows as if they were supposed to be wings. Her hands changed into claws and her arms were taken into the darkness, her clothes ripped as she changed from human, to monster.She smirked, her little movements making her stronger, swifter, and more powerful. Her appendage like tendrils, from her back, stabbed into the ground, giving more leverage for her launch. Bruce braced himself as they collided together and with the walls. The three wall snapped and fell with the powerful strike. The middle room caved in, separating the two and the others. "Harley! Get me out!" Harley shot herself to the Joker, placing a kiss on his forehead while letting him out. He fell as he tried to stand, the multiple scars from the horrible torture making it difficult to even move. Blood stained his clothes, especially his pants to where his private is supposed to be. "Dad!" Mercy lunches herself at her father, the tears running from her cheeks. "Dad, Frosty-Frosty died! She-she killed him!" Joker glanced at Frosty, his corpse swimming in a pool of blood, and the hole through his heart being painful. "Hurry, let's go, we don't have much time until she gets done-!" At that moment Check flew through the rubble, her appendages slamming themselves on the ground to stable her landing. Her usual green eyes looked so dull they seemed white, and they cried as she smiled. "Pain is all you'll get in this world." Her words echoed loudly in a deep voice. More cracks sounded from her back, her screeches of pain sounding through as she transformed again. Her clawed hands lengthened and more sets of tendrils popped from her back. Her hair darkened into a bloody red, her eyes only becoming more white. She struck herself to them, her tendrils pinning down everyone except Mercy. "Mercy. Please don't leave me again." Tears streamed down her emotional eyes. "I'm hiraeth, I have a homesickness for a home I can't return to." Check screeched in pain, her knees falling to the ground. "Please! I'll stop just don't leave me! I can't live without you! I don't care if you hate me just at least act like we are still friends! I beg of you!" She laid her head down in her hands, her tears seeping through. "Check, I'm sorry I hurt you. Just-just please stop. You can stay with me, you can stay at the mansion and be my sister." Mercy flashed a genuine smile at Red. Red stared wide eyed at this, her tears seemed to stop. "Just stop this, Red." Red smiled brightly like she used to. "I can't do that," tears streamed down her face once more from the pain of the transformation, and from the pain in her heart. "I can't be happy for everything I did, I killed so many people. Mom, dad, Frosty, and even more when I was growing up with my demonic friends. I learned they helped me, helped me get rid of my parents for making me unhappy, the bullies for hurting me, and Frosty for being in my way." Red sniffled. "How can you forgive me so easily?" "Because," Mercy placed a hand on Red's pained shoulder. Red gritted her teeth from the contact, pain hurting even more. "I've been through hell too." Red was happy, but in so much pain. She forgave Red, but how so easily? "It-it hurts." Mercy put her hand off of Red, the pain fading. "Why?-" Red laughed at her question. "Darkness can't be with the light of their life, Mercy." Red curled up in a ball on the floor, her transformation going back into her normal self. "Let's go Red, let's go home." Mercy smiled at Red, letting her hand pull Red up to new heights.

The next day

"I leaned something today, Forgiveness. It's a hard skill but when you master it you can fix anything. Some can't ever give the forgiveness, like The Joker and Harley, but only hate. What I did to him was unforgivable, and what I did to Frosty was too. I can't save myself from that guilt, from that pain. So I'll take myself away. Thank you Mercy, for giving my a gift of salvation. But I'll pay for what I did, I'll leave and pay. Thank you for being light in darkness."
Mercy looked at the note from Red, she knew what Red did. She went to an asylum and showed her powers, so they put her in a place for the most dangerous people out there. Joker hated his torture, he lost his ability for pleasure during it. And Harley hated Red for doing so to him. Jacob left, not wanting to be part of it anymore. Frosty was buried with a beautiful funeral. And Red, well, she is where she wants to be. "Thank you, Red."