Chapter 1

It was early morning when I woke up to the sound of my morning alarm for school. Pushing down the feeling to throw my alarm clock at the wall... again, I turned over and turned off my annoyingly loud alarm as I sluggishly got up and dragged my lazy tired self up and over to my closet. 

I wanted to pick out something fairly nice since today is my 17th birthday and the day of my first shift at midnight. Let me explain what I mean by 'first shift'. You see, I'm a werewolf, but not one of your typical werewolves from bad movies or poorly written fiction novels, I can shift whenever I want and we're not vicious beats who eat and attack humans, and we can only shift once we turn 17 and only at midnight, and tonight is the night where I can finally shift into my wolf. I eventually decided on a pair of white jeans and a plain long sleeve white shirt. I grabbed my clothes and walked into my bathroom to change and to get ready for the day. I brushed my long curly platinum blonde hair, and teeth, and put on some light make-up, just some eyeliner and mascara, just enough to make my bright vibrant ice blue eyes really Pop!

When I was finally ready I headed downstairs and into the kitchen for breakfast. As I sat down with my plate of food I looked up to see my best friend, Wendy and her mate, my older brother and Alpha of our pack; the Silver Moon Pack, Mark. Wendy is lucky to have my brother as her mate, as Mark is strong, kind, loving, protective and a powerful Alpha. Mark is also lucky to have Wendy. Wendy is very pretty, kind, caring, sweet, and loveable, they're a perfect match. Wendy has long wavy red hair, bright vibrant green eyes, and ivory skin, she is also thin and has all the right stuff in all the right places with a neat hourglass figure. Mark has long shaggy blonde hair and dark brown eyes, he's thin but muscular, and quite tall with tan cream skin. They always look so happy when they're with each other. I hope to meet my mate soon and we get along and love each other as much as Wendy and Mark. It truly is every wolves' dream.

"Happy Birthday Luna!"

Wendy yelled excitedly as she tightly hugged me. 

"I really can't believe that my little sister is already 17."

Mark said as he handed Wendy her plate of food as they both sat down next to me. I smiled as I laughed.

"Thanks guys."

After breakfast, we all grabbed our bags and walked out into the garage and got into Mark's silver BMW and started the 30-minute drive to our pack's school; Silver Moon High/College. It's both the high school and college for only our pack members, no humans are allowed.

It's been a few hours after school let out and the entire pack was all getting ready and preparing for my first shift. A wolf's shift is quite the big deal as it marks when a wolf is now considered an adult and an official member of the pack, it also marks the age where a wolf can now find their mate and be married. I can't wait to shift and to see what my wolf looks like not-to-mention meet her wolf. You see, your wolf is like a different part of yourself, almost like an alternate personality, but they're actually an entirely different person or soul I should say as they have a mind completely of their own, but they aren't an entirely different person, they live in your head. It's basically two souls one body if that makes any sense.

It's 11:50pm and it's now time to head out into the forest, to the very center where the moon can clearly be seen when it's at the highest and where the Moon Goddess shall gift us with our wolf. By the time that we all got to the clearing, it was close to midnight as everyone quickly circled around me. As the clock struck 12 I started to feel a searing pain in my body. I closed my eyes tightly as my body heat began to rise and boil, the sound of my bones breaking and ligaments tarring filled my ears, growing louder and louder as my senses began to sharpen. I felt my hands and feet turn into paws, my spine stretched and popped, my mouth stretched and grew into a long muzzle as I felt fur sprout out of my skin making me feel very uncomfortable and itch all over. After a few more minutes it was finally, finally over.

When I opened my eyes everyone had a face of shock, amazement, and wonder. I looked down at myself and saw why. My fur was snow white. That's when realization crossed my face.

'I'm a white wolf!?' 

I yelled to myself in my head. I just didn't expect someone to answer.

'Yes, we are.' 

Said a calm, sweet, but yet powerful voice of a woman.

'Are you my wolf?' Indeed I am, and my name is Everest.'

She said proudly. Everest huh? That name sounds familiar to me somehow. Wendy then walked up over to me and smiled as she shifted into her red wolf, everyone followed suit after her as they all shared a howl, welcoming their newest wolf into the Silver Moon Pack. However, unlike the others before, this howl was different. The moon was full and the bright white light of the moon was shining down upon me, and the fact of me being a white wolf could only mean one thing; that I am, the daughter of the Moon Goddess, the next in line, and... the now Alpha Luna.