chapter 8

The next morning we woke to a large explosion and there was no mistaking it, it was them. Jack's scent of his sweet forest pine was very strong and I was driving bot Everest and I crazy. There was also another scent, chocolate and walnuts, it was my brother. I looked over to Wendy and she was too going crazy over her mate's scent. Perfect, now once we're out of her I need to ask what Mark told Wendy and the others when I went missing. I loved over to Wendy and smiled.

"Wendy! It's time!"

She nodded and I worked on the bars, I had nothing to do but practice and have Everest teach me how to use my new powers. It didn't take much to pull apart the silver bars with ease. Just in case I put up a protective cloud of black smoke in case Nick, John, or Alyssa tried anything. Only me and Wendy could see, I then saw someone, I smelt Jack! I cleared the smoke and saw Jack, when he noticed us he ran to me as his face lit up with happiness and relief.

He wrapped his strong warm arms tightly around me and picked me up spinning me around as I laughed and giggled. He then crashed his lips on to mine in a desperate need for my body as the familiar sparks that I missed so much rushed through my body. I missed him so much that I started to cry.

"It's ok, I'm here now, there's no reason to cry"

Jack said as he kissed my tears away.

"I just missed you soo much" I missed you too, but right now we need to get you two out of here"

I nodded as we went upstairs. When we got up there it was chaos, I saw so many Silver Moon, Black Moon, and Sun Moon pack wolves, and some rogues on the ground dead, dying, or fighting other wolves. When we got outside it was even worse.

When I looked around I saw Mark fighting John in their wolf forms, luckily Mark was winning. We looked over to see that Nick and Alyssa were in their human forms as they just finished off a couple of other wolves.

Both Jack and I growled at them.

"Nick is mine"

Jack growled.

"And Alyssa is mine"

I growled. Jack nodded as we ran off towards them as Wendy ran off to help Mark. Nick has a sly evil smirk on his face while Alyssa has a proud cocky evil smile on her face.

"Well, well, well, I see that you've somehow escaped, how did you escape?"

I just growled at him as Nick smiled. We were at a standstill, whoever makes the first move, losses. That's when they charged at us. Alyssa threw the first punch, she missed. I ducked and side kicked her in the stomach sending her flying back into a tree.

She was quick to recover as she ran towards me angrily. I closed my eyes and concentrated as fire begun to swirl around me like a tornado, I aimed it directly at her and there was no escaping it. She stopped dead in her tracks as her eyes widened. When the flames cleared she was on the ground covered in burns.

"What the hell?! How did you learn that?!" well maybe you shouldn't have left me alone unguarded"

I said annoyed mocking her. She became furious, she pulled up enough energy and drowned out her pain before charging at me yet again screaming at me. I pulled up a stone wall right at the last second making her run face first into it knocking her out unconscious as he fell to the ground. I quickly made a dagger made of ice and slammed it into her chest. I looked over to see that John was already dead, but when I looked to Jack and Nick, I saw that Jack was on the ground, nick about to plunge a silver dagger into his chest, despite the pain of losing his mate.

I screamed as my eyes turned completely white and glowing as they emanating a white smoke. The ground started to shake and crack beneath my feet as I was lifted up off the ground and 20 feet up into the air. As I continued to scream a white light shot out of my chest and enveloped me as it stretched out covering the land.