chapter 4

The next morning I woke up with Jack's strong protective arms wrapped around my waist holding me close into his warm body. I tried to get up but I was just pulled back down as his arms wrapped tighter around me pulling me closer. Uck! Why does his grip have to be so tight on me?! I struggled to get out of his strong hold on me for a few more minutes, his hold on me only getting tighter and tighter. I eventually had no choice but to give up and to just go back to sleep for a little while longer, well, till Jack at least finally wakes up and agrees to let me go. Thankfully it didn't take long for sleep to pull me back into it's dark and calming embrace. 

I was suddenly awoken by a loud explosion, jolting me wide awake as it shook the whole house. Panicked by the sudden event I looked to Jack's side of the bed to see him gone, and by his scent he's been gone for at least an hour. Why didn't he wake me? That's when Grayson burst through the door. My head snapped to him.

"Luna! I'm so glad that you're ok! Jack has ordered me to tell you to stay in your room and lock the door and windows, and whatever you do, do not leave your room!"

Grayson said fastly with a hint of panic.

"What?! Why?!" 

I asked.

"The Silver Moon Pack is attacking."

He said simply but with a dark undertone before he ran back out of my room; shutting the door behind him. My eyes widened as time seemed to have almost stopped completely. What?! My pack?! But why?! Why are they here?

'They're here for you dummy. Remember, you are the Alpha's sister, a white wolf, the Alpha Luna, beloved by your old pack members, and you forgot to call, text, or at least mind link your dimwitted brother the situation, and I doubt the pack members that were released told Mark about the situation for fear of his wrath.'

Everest said popping up.

'Ok yes, I see your point, but he could have done the same. If he was so worried about me he could have put in the effort himself. Like, why didn't he ask me if I was ok or what not?' 

I asked with sass and slightly annoyed.

'Because they can't.' What do you mean they can't? They're still my pack and Mark is blood.' Technically they're not your pack anymore, once you found Jack and accepted him-' But I didn't accept him.' Not verbally, but mentally and emotionally you have. Any way, and accepted his pack, your link to them was cut.'

I paused thinking for a moment.

'But... why my brother too?' I don't know, that's something that I'm not at liberty to tell you.'

She then popped out before I could ask her to clarify. Great, of course she'd do that. That's when the door was suddenly knocked off its hinges. I jumped as I whipped my head to the door, it was Mark!

"Oh, my Goddess! Luna! There you are! We were looking everywhere for you! I was so worried when I couldn't contact you and when you never contacted me!"

Before I could say anything Mark grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the bed, out of the room, through the halls, down the stairs, and out were the front door used to be, now only a large gaping hole in the wall remained. So, that's what that large explosion was.

"STOP!"

Jack yelled once we got outside as he grabbed my other arm. We stopped and turned around to face Jack. I looked at Mark to see his brown eyes turn black. Oh no.

"Let. Go. Of. My. Sister."

Mark growled through gritted teeth as Jack's eyes too turned black. Things just went from bad to worse.