12 Don't get hurt

I just want to say you guys are my favorite pieces of carbonated bread. I can't believe how well this book is actually going, its at 400 reads and 50 votes! That's amazing, thanks guys.

Jacks pov
I waited nervously for the police guy to come out and talk to me again. He walked out the door and handed me a file.
"I'm sorry this is all I've got" he said
I flicked through the pages, there weren't many. There is a couple of pictures and personal information and where he was last seen.
"You're not coming with me?" I ask him
"No! I've got proper cases to handle with. I'm extremely sorry for you but he's just a kid, he'll come back in no time!" He answered.

I put the file in my rucksack and left. He's got better cases to do? Well fuck him then, I'll do it by myself but I might need some help...
_ _ _ _ _ _

"What are you sure?!" Ethan gasped
"Yep!" I answered, continuing to pack my rucksack
"Then I'm coming with you!" He declared and opened his wardrobe to reveal his rucksack. I secretly smiled a smile of victory. I knew he was going to come with me, he's my best friend, he cares about me.

We quietly tiptoed down the hall and gently pushed the doors open, hoping not to wake up anyone. The stars shine brightly, revealing the unexpected Sam.
He said no words as he but a green thing in my hand. It was soft and hand knitted. It was a green eye with a blue and black pupil. It had a green tail and at the end of it was a name tag.
Septic eye Sam.
I looked up at Sam again and he nodded at me and saluted. I saluted back, happy that Sam understands why I'm sneaking out. I walked past him, waving at him one last time.

_____time skip_____

The sun was slowly rising as we woke up. We had decided to nap under some trees for the night. Knowing we weren't going to get anywhere in the middle of the night. We folded up the blankets and stuffed them into one of our four bags. We both had a backpack and another hand bag we carried.

I opened the file for the second time to inspect it. I skipped all the personal information, I can read that later. I stopped on the 'last seen' page.

8:37pm
Seen in ------- town
At ------ street
Going into Tesco.
(Authors note: the town and street names are censored because I don't what to call them.)

I looked up at my phone the time said 4:51am it would take around half an hour to get to the town he was last seen in. We started to walk, it's ok mark we'll come get you.

Just don't get hurt. Please.

Marks pov
I woke up feeling terrible, I looked over the town from the tree I slept in. I looked at the Tesco I had bought my dinner from yesterday. I'll stay here for a while but soon I'll have to move. I hope Jack's ok though. I didn't really answer his texts and I've ran away from him. Soon things will get better and I'll get to see him again. But for now...

Jack, don't get hurt. Please.
______________
Thanks for reading, comment what you think and vote for it if you like it.

Stay awesome my carbonated bread.
Byeeeee👋😊✌