13 Reunited

Jacks pov
"This should be it!" I exclaimed excitedly.
We walked up to a small town. It had many detached houses and a few small shops. There was a post office, a pub, a couple fast food restaurants like KFC and most importantly a Tesco. That should be the Tesco that mark had been too.
I hope he's OK.
We stop to look at the signs, searching for the directions for the police station. It's just around the corner.

The walk to the police station was silent, it's been like that for most of the trip. Ethan tries his hardest to comfort me and I admire him for that but sometimes silence is the best thing for me. So for most of the trip I've taken in the beautiful nature. The trees were probably the best part. There different colours that create a sea of rainbows. Well, except for blue. I grabbed a few really pretty ones that had fallen. I don't know why but they're... calming.

I open the door of the station to be greeted by a middle aged man. His hair was black with patches that were turning grey. He had a kind smile and welcoming eyes that were dark blue, just like the sky when the sun has nearly set.
"Hello, what can I do for you?" His voice was soft and calming, it comforted me, making me think we could easily find Mark.
"Well..." I started. I explained all that happened and how Mark had come here and we were looking for him so we could bring him home.
"You know, we have a guy in the next room that fits your description perfectly. He asked could he stay here for today and tonight because he's waiting for his mum to come pick him up. I'm guessing that's a lie?" He asked
I nodded. Mark would say anything to keep out of trouble.

The officer lead us to a door and opened it to reveal a sleeping Mark on the floor. His face was greyish from the dirt and his clothes looked worn out and messy. He was sleeping under a small blanket, which I'm guessing he bought so he wouldn't be cold. I smiled, knowing that he's gone through so much lately and all he needs is love from... the one guy he really trusted.

That made me frown. It made me realize that I needed Mark and he needed me but we just abandoned each other. And look where that lead him to do. He ran. Ran away from his troubles so he wouldn't have to face them. I don't blame him, I've been a huge dick.

I gently stroked his hair as Ethan thanked the officer. I then heard,
"You boys need a lift?"
"If it's not too much trouble, then yeah! Thank you so much!" Ethan replied.

As we pulled up to the orphanage I quietly opened the door and Ethan helped me pick him up. I didn't want to wake him. For starters, he needs to rest and secondly... he's cute when he sleeps. We pushed open the orphanage doors and Ethan kindly offered to explain to the staff where we had been so I didn't get in trouble. He really is the greatest friend I could ask for. We then walked into our room. And we flopped onto the bed, exhausted.

I pulled the cover over Mark and stepped back, admiring him. I'm letting him sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the floor. I turned around and sat down. I pulled a blanket over me an looked at septic eye Sam. I'll see Sam in the morning and thank him for the gift.

As I drifted off to sleep I glanced at my sleeping beauty and smiled. He's back, and that's all I could wish for.
_________________
Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to tell me what you think! Last chapter a couple of you gave me good advice and I tried to embrace it to improve my story.

Don't forget to keep telling me what you think and vote if you like it!
Byeeeeee👋😊✌