Chapter 23

James walked towards the front entrance of his school the next day. When he got in he saw his principal and his year head talking to 4 people. The first he recognised as Mary McAleese, ex-president of Ireland. He wasn't sure what he thought of her, considering she trained sarah. The next was the current president of Ireland, Michael D Higgins. James did a double take at the sight of the other two people. It was Barack and Michelle Obama. James knew the Obama's were here on holiday here but he didn't know why they were at his school. Nor did he know why Mary McAleese and Michael D Higgins were at his school. His year head Ms Ryan saw him.
"Hi James, can you come over here please."
"Yeah okay." James said, walking over.
"Now I'm not sure you know who these people are."
"Well, that's Barack Obama and his wife Michelle. That's Michael D Higgins and the last one," James paused "the last on is Mary McAleese."
"Oh good."
"It's nice to see you again James." Michelle Obama said, shocking the principal and year head.
"You've met Michelle Obama before!!!" They said in sync.
"I've met all four of these people."
"Really!!!" They said in sync again.
"Yeah, Mary trained sarah, Michael D supports the same football team as me and goes to the matches and Michelle and Barack I met on a holiday with sarah."
"Oh wow okay, you e been round the block then."
"Ha, yeah."
"Now, I'd just like to see you in the office, and then we'll all go to the school assembly. Is that okay."
"Yeah okay."
"James!" Came a voice from behind.
"Oh hey Matthew." James replied to the owner of the voice.
"Is it okay to ask how after 5 years in America, I never even got closer than a few hundred meters to the president and his wife, and you just come into school and are already best friends with them." Matthew asked, a little upset.
"You lived in America?" Barack said.
"Yeah...Arizona."
"Did you like it."
"Yes it was amazing."
"I'm glad you thought so."
"Um, is there any chance you'd have a minute to talk to Matthew." Asked James.
"In fact James, I'd like all your friends at the office."
"I'll announce there names over the intercom at 9. I'll ask them to come to the office." Ms Ryan said
"Great, now Matthew, can you please keep what's happening a secret." Barack said
"Sure." Matthew replied
"Ill bring you down to your tutor room and excuse you for being late" Ms Ryan said